Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 10-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #1606
Jeremy_C
1978 CJ7 

4 days with out a story?

Jeremy_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #1607
zakk

sorry the net over he is sketchy at best. but anyways. my favorite patch of woods back home is full of fun. its all old coal mine land. I feel that i should tell you guys that i myself am a ford truck man, but serval buddies of mine are ride jeeps and i think im gonna pick up a jeep for the old lady when i get back. she wants a liberty but i want a wrangler. but anyways our first discover was an abandon mine, they attempted to mound dirt infront of it but years of weather washed it away and left a 3 foot opening at the top we spotted from the trial. nothing too cool in there the first 50 or so feet were bricked like a train tunnel then is was collapesd. i think you may be able to get around it but ive never wanted too. oddly enough though there were about 4 spent shotgun shells in there. after we found that though we decide to explore the woods a little deeper. we found most of the usuall stuff, a cut up VW strung into the trees. it looked like someone tried to drive it in the pond and failed so they took tourches to it. then we found an old automobile grave yard. nothing cool just a bunch of old rusted out junkers, made and awsome paintball field though.
Now this whole area is kind of a huge saddle(terrian feature type, not horse) and on the far hill there was rumored to be a house. no one around seemed to know where it was though. so i pulled up some google earth shots (dork i know) i found what i though was it and took a compass and set off to find it. and we did. its a two story 5 or 6 room house with a garage, it was probly beautiful 30 years ago. but thats about when everything stoped there. the whole house was pretty batterd, but it looked as if someone just up and left one day. clothes in the dressers food in the fridge, truck in the yard. it was all still there. everything was pretty grown over but there were remnants of a trail that led away from the house so we followed it. it led to a collapsed steel building that we joked looked like an airplane hangar. there was even an unsual wheel in there that looked like it would belong on a small plane. leading away from that building was an even larger, more well kept trail(or was 30 years ago) so we followed it and it led to a very large opening. all flat and very long right at the top of the hill. it was a few hundred meters long and about 20 or so wide but for another 20 or so meters on eather side you can tell that all the trees had grown in the last 20 years or so. it looked like it was much wider at one point. there were also 55gallon drums full of holes all the way along it on both sides. the airplane hangar coupled with the wanna be runway was way to suspicous for me so after we left we took a ride to an old timers house, been in the area his whole life and asked about it. "Found the old runway" he said. then he filled us in on the whole story. back in the 60s or 70s a guy rented that house from the coal company and gave plane ride tours of the area to farmers that wanted to see there land and anyone else that wanted one. but apperntly that was just a cover and he was running drugs off the top of the mt. finaly he got caught and locked up but coal company never bothered with the place after that. which is why it was just up and left. thats my favorite abandon/lost place to go but ill try to think of some of our other finds and share with you guys. Ooh almost forgot, the creepiest think about that place. there was a beat to hell recliner sitting infront of the second story window over looking the aproach, dont know if it was some hunters secret spot or what. but right next to it was what looked like a new bucket of joint compound, it had some wieght but i was affraid to open it. didnt want to find someones bathroom bucket. I tell ya what though i love nothing more then exploreing the woods, i could spend days just walkin or wheeling around. something about the history mixed with the peace and quite that does wonders for my mental health lol.
zakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #1608
jerryjeeper
Old Jeep Guy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

A couple of my Jeep buddies were running the RV trails around Westbranch Michigan this weekend in areas that we have run before and found something unusual in a clearing where two of the trails cross. It is a huge pile of logs, say 20 plus feet high twelve to fifteen feet wide and nearly a 100 yards long. Seems pretty bizarre because it wasn't here the last time we ran this area. I'm sure it is a byproduct of the logging in the area since the stacked logs were of all ages, sizes and conditions. It looks the loggers hauled out the big, good stuff and left this for another pickup for pulp or paper application. It was still impressive.

Last edited by jerryjeeper; 10-18-2009 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: pic added
jerryjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #1609
incagoldjeep

you shouldve climbed it lol
incagoldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #1610
damuddmann
2005 TJ Wrangler 

X2!!! you can dooo it! that would be a pretty radical ride, seeing as the logs do not topple over, lol.
damuddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #1611
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

X3 (12' to 15' ) plenty wide GO FOR IT! oh and don't forget to post the video
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #1612
Checo18
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I would have firewood for life!!
()_)[COLOR="red"]-[/COLOR]()_)--o-)_)

2.5L, 4" RE lift, 1" booms on the front, Revolvers on the back, 1" B.L., Aussie in the 35, 31" Trxus tires, Gen-rite rocker guards, BTF tube fenders, Pro Comp bumpers, KC lights, Hi-lift and a whole lot of love.
Checo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #1613
incagoldjeep

bump....anymore?
incagoldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #1614
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I'm sure there will be more. This thread will never die, just give people time to go out and explore! They'll come back with stories!
Unread 10-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #1615
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

yeah my exploration days are kinda at a very slow movement. I dont have the money to fix something if I broke it...

but the other day I was in the woods driving when I came up on a truck with a girl and guy in the back of the bed and he was gettin some head. haha

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #1616
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
yeah my exploration days are kinda at a very slow movement. I dont have the money to fix something if I broke it...

but the other day I was in the woods driving when I came up on a truck with a girl and guy in the back of the bed and he was gettin some head. haha
pics or it didn't happen.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #1617
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

How about pics and ban?
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #1618
corndogduff

Uh oh, Ben! Watch your back...
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #1619
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
How about pics and ban?
Thanks FPKites, it nice to surf this site with my young daughters looking over my shoulder (they love Jeeps) and not worry what mite pop up... unlike that other site, I won't mention names RRRR.
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #1620
Liftedsahara
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This thread rocks!!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.