Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #1576
KeeptheJeep
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundAssault View Post
I remember wheeling out in the woods where we have been before when I was 16. My brother and I came across this trail that we never had seen before and decided to take it. We were driving along when we see some guy loading firewood into the back of a J10 truck. We stop to see if he is alright and realize he is one of the most back woods people we had ever seen. He had two young girls with him maybe 15-16 and when we got out realized that they were backwoods girls, meaning that they had dirt on their face, hair was all knotted up and just very unkempt. He then said "girls, there is some boys for you". He then proceded to ask us if we would date his "girls". We said no thanks. He was not threatening, just seemed like we were in TN in the late 1800's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
Were they hot?
Right there is one of the many reasons why I love JF.

KeeptheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #1577
DerekXJ86
2002 TJ Wrangler 

This thread is AWESOME! I have had various strange wheeling accounts.

1) Was wheeling my old 4Runner (at about midnight) with a couple girls on a local easy going trail that runs a few miles deep into thick woods and connects to a local backroad that has nothing at all on, so its a pretty desolate area. Well I got a decent sized stick lodged underneath so I stopped to fish it out from underneath. While I was laying down trying to get it unstuck I heard footsteps walking towards me, so I peered out from beneath the truck and saw a shadow of a man just casually walking past my 4Runner! So I quickly jumped back inside (which took a minute or so because I had to crawl out from underneath and flicked on my daylighters as I took off and I did not see anyone!

2) Another time my buddies were wheeling (I was in my 4Runner again lol sorry for the non-jeep content this was pre-TJ) and we all were in our own trucks (an older pathfinder and an older S-10) and we stopped on top of the this huge climb that looked over the next 2 miles or so of trail that went downhill and we were all just taking a break and standing around outside our trucks. We saw a random guy holding a shot gun standing in the middle of the trail about 1/4 of a mile down the trail just looking at us, so we were frozen there as he just continued to walk across the trail down into the woods. It was freaky because there is not hunting allowed in that area, and he was carrying no gear, and wearing regular street clothes.

3) I was wheeling my TJ just last summer around a local quarry with a couple buddies when we came up the top of this real steep rocky climb which revealed a nude beach! now this quarry is not exactly close to anything, it is legit in the middle of no where, and there were just about 10 or so naked people chilling on this beach!
DerekXJ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #1578
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeptheJeep View Post
Right there is one of the many reasons why I love JF.
Hey, I don't discriminate, that's just rude.

He was probably trespassing on the guys land, the least he could do was take out his girl.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #1579
MidnightRider
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Was out ridin on this logging trail today not much of a wheelin spot just rocky and bumpy but its better than nothing. Found a mud lake that i had never known about but it was very dirty and nasty smelled horrible but sticking out of the middle of it was a really old burnt truck and on the bank around the truck was a bunch of torn clothes and such kinda creepy.

was out on the same trail one night and this horribly thick fog had set in half way up the trail. I had all my windows down and the radio down just creepin along and i hear something crash in the woods. i stop and listen for a minute and my jeep just cuts off and wont start back up in a panic to start it i accidently hit the horn. and then i hear somethin running in the woods toward me and then it stops and i can hear heavy breathing and i about pissed my self sitting there in suspense and trying to be quiet. after the 'thing' went away my jeep started up and i got the heck out of there quick. the wierdest thing besides the noises that night is that there hasnt been fog on that trail before or since then. that was one of the scariest moments in my life besides waking up in the middle of the night while i was camping one time and my tent was surrounded by coyotes.
Unread 09-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #1580
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^ ohhh **** dude, i wonder wtf that was?
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #1581
Jblankster
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i wish there was cool stuff in illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUJeeper View Post
One of the biggest rules of fighting is: Never pick a fight with an older guy. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Jblankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 02:31 AM   #1582
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxnyj18 View Post
He honestly just described Big Foot.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #1583
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekXJ86 View Post
3) I was wheeling my TJ just last summer around a local quarry with a couple buddies when we came up the top of this real steep rocky climb which revealed a nude beach! now this quarry is not exactly close to anything, it is legit in the middle of no where, and there were just about 10 or so naked people chilling on this beach!
Were there any hot girls on the beach?
Unread 10-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #1584
ajstewart
1985 CJ7 

So i just got back from camping...no wheeling but still very freaky...We set up SO nJ in the pine barrons...Four of us were setting up the tents and out of now where this huge gust of wind blows the tent out of my hands...when I went over to pick up the rain cover i see a silver pendant locket necklace on the ground by a tree...it didnt belong to anyone of us (probably a racoon or something b/c they like shiny things) but the pictures in it werent freaky at all just a guy and a girl...That night right after we had finished telling campfire stories and the such we decided to call it a night...about five minutes after zipping up the tent we here what we think is racoons in the tree...i popped out and flashed my light quick and there are the racoons with another necklace hanging down...well he dropped it and when i went to pick it up it looked like a mans gold necklace...Well i pocketed it and we had no more issues that weekend...as we are driving back out of the campsite the girls needed to pee so stopped at the first gas station...The attendant had just pulled a truck out of the woods near where we had camped...inside was two teens who had been found dead (apparent sucicide) I just had a feeling the two necklaces belonged to them...
When we went to the police station, the police wouldnt give us any information about the people who had passed but said that the pictures in the necklace resembled their drivers licenses and if they didnt belong to the deceased we could keep them....we still havent heard anything about the suicide or the necklaces...very sad but very freaky
Unread 10-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #1585
MidnightRider
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxnyj18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
He honestly just described Big Foot.
yeah i have no clue still creeps me out to no end

Alabama
Unread 10-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #1586
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstewart View Post
So i just got back from camping...no wheeling but still very freaky...We set up SO nJ in the pine barrons...Four of us were setting up the tents and out of now where this huge gust of wind blows the tent out of my hands...when I went over to pick up the rain cover i see a silver pendant locket necklace on the ground by a tree...it didnt belong to anyone of us (probably a racoon or something b/c they like shiny things) but the pictures in it werent freaky at all just a guy and a girl...That night right after we had finished telling campfire stories and the such we decided to call it a night...about five minutes after zipping up the tent we here what we think is racoons in the tree...i popped out and flashed my light quick and there are the racoons with another necklace hanging down...well he dropped it and when i went to pick it up it looked like a mans gold necklace...Well i pocketed it and we had no more issues that weekend...as we are driving back out of the campsite the girls needed to pee so stopped at the first gas station...The attendant had just pulled a truck out of the woods near where we had camped...inside was two teens who had been found dead (apparent sucicide) I just had a feeling the two necklaces belonged to them...
When we went to the police station, the police wouldnt give us any information about the people who had passed but said that the pictures in the necklace resembled their drivers licenses and if they didnt belong to the deceased we could keep them....we still havent heard anything about the suicide or the necklaces...very sad but very freaky
That's some downright creepy wildlife!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #1587
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

found an old '87 mercury lynx a few months ago. someone rolled it many moons ago and left it in the woods to rot.
Unread 10-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #1588
karlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx1kxj View Post
found an old '87 mercury lynx a few months ago. someone rolled it many moons ago and left it in the woods to rot.

Poor car. That Mercury Lynx remembers me of the second ride of my dad. I got a chance to drive it after getting my license.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #1589
KevinM90
1998 XJ Cherokee 

My towns history was huge back in the day for the kkk. While wheeling way out in the woods one evening we rolled In to what had to be a meetin spot. Big half burnt cross, 55 gallon drum that wa empy, a bunch of seats facing around the cross, oh, and about 20 feet in the woods was a white robe. To say the least we got the heck out of there very quick.
Unread 10-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #1590
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM90 View Post
My towns history was huge back in the day for the kkk. While wheeling way out in the woods one evening we rolled In to what had to be a meetin spot. Big half burnt cross, 55 gallon drum that wa empy, a bunch of seats facing around the cross, oh, and about 20 feet in the woods was a white robe. To say the least we got the heck out of there very quick.
should've grabbed the robe.

sell it on ebay

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.