Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 105 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #1561
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I remember wheeling out in the woods where we have been before when I was 16. My brother and I came across this trail that we never had seen before and decided to take it. We were driving along when we see some guy loading firewood into the back of a J10 truck. We stop to see if he is alright and realize he is one of the most back woods people we had ever seen. He had two young girls with him maybe 15-16 and when we got out realized that they were backwoods girls, meaning that they had dirt on their face, hair was all knotted up and just very unkempt. He then said "girls, there is some boys for you". He then proceded to ask us if we would date his "girls". We said no thanks. He was not threatening, just seemed like we were in TN in the late 1800's.

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #1562
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Were they hot?

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #1563
vis_eclipse6g72
1993 YJ Wrangler 

not weird but while wheeling next to a river we got out and found a bunch of old old rusted animal traps under water...probably for beavers or muscrat
93 yj 5.3 vortec, custom 3 link, 35/16/15 boggers, sye, xrc-10 winch. Built not bought member #127
vis_eclipse6g72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #1564
Mediarocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vis_eclipse6g72 View Post
not weird but while wheeling next to a river we got out and found a bunch of old old rusted animal traps under water...probably for beavers or muscrat
Shoulda removed em. Someone might not see them and get a severe case of tetanus.

Currently Jeepless against my own will.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #1565
vis_eclipse6g72
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediarocker View Post
Shoulda removed em. Someone might not see them and get a severe case of tetanus.
i did...but not because i thought of that...i just thought they were cool...got em hangin in my garage...
93 yj 5.3 vortec, custom 3 link, 35/16/15 boggers, sye, xrc-10 winch. Built not bought member #127
vis_eclipse6g72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #1566
gkainz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

and now there's a seriously pissed off trapper somewhere, looking for his traps!
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #1567
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_C View Post

We got the heck out of dodge, went straight to a 24/hour store and called the police. The officer showed up and we explained to him what happened and he said it was a panther. He had no doubt in his mind, said he had seen one or two in that area before while deer hunting. That was my first, and hopefully last encounter with a panther.
I was going to say cougar before i even got to the end. Used to have cougar (panther, mountain lion, etc) around our house, and yeah, they sound just like women and babies. It's downright scary even when you know what it really is.
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #1568
Mediarocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
and now there's a seriously pissed off trapper somewhere, looking for his traps!
Well if they rusted up... home skillet wasn't taking care of them/forgot about them

So if he's pissed off.. he shouldnt be because rusted traps dont function correctly.

Currently Jeepless against my own will.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #1569
AUSHii
1999 XJ Cherokee 

In Danby, Vermont Me and my brother were on dirtbikes on this old logging trail which is now part of the Vermont snow mobile trail. There was this hard pact road so we went down it about 3 or 4 miles down it was a huge logging camp with rusty trucks, wood chippers, a few broken down buildings. We checked that out for about 30 min and when we were exiting there was this shack like 8x8 with a sink bolted to a tree right outside and there was some one in it! We freaked out and rode out like crazy. Also in Danby we found this abandoned gravel mine with a bunch of really old conver belts, cranes and bulldozers. If any of you want to see it you can go on google earth or similar site and just type in. Little Village rd danby vermont.

Actully I do have a kinda wheeling story. Me and My Dad where driving on a dirt road and our lights went out on the CJ7 and we had to use the little orange parking lights at like 10pm. When we hit bumps the lights and interior lights would flash the other cars were like WTF?

Last edited by AUSHii; 09-26-2009 at 02:53 PM..
AUSHii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #1570
VermonterLost

I grew up a couple towns over from Danby, went to high school with a bunch of kids from there. And yes there are some wierd sites there, actually the whole area even in my town. Hell, on the side of Rt. 140 near the Danby town line theres a dinner set for giants on the side of the road. One of these day's I'll get a picture but it's a giant round boulder, somebody took a couple dozen trees and made 4 chairs about 16 foot high and set the table, about 8" tall chunks of trunk for plates and white birch for drinkin glasses.

And the joke in high school about Danby was: "If a man and a woman get divorced in Danby, are they still brother and sister?"
VermonterLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #1571
AUSHii
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermonterLost View Post
I grew up a couple towns over from Danby, went to high school with a bunch of kids from there. And yes there are some wierd sites there, actually the whole area even in my town. Hell, on the side of Rt. 140 near the Danby town line theres a dinner set for giants on the side of the road. One of these day's I'll get a picture but it's a giant round boulder, somebody took a couple dozen trees and made 4 chairs about 16 foot high and set the table, about 8" tall chunks of trunk for plates and white birch for drinkin glasses.

And the joke in high school about Danby was: "If a man and a woman get divorced in Danby, are they still brother and sister?"
Yah man I go camping up in Danby quite often and there used to be these people that moved. They were really strange but nice, they would come down to the camp and try to sell people dogs and cats and there was a girl probably about 12 or so and she would just keep talking to everyone! Her brother was really strange and rode a motor scooter on a dirt road. They moved though or so I think cuz their mailbox was gone on labor day. Seems their is getting to be alot more cars up that way though cuz i used to not see one the whole labor day weekend about 10-20 yrs ago.
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #1572
willsyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermonterLost View Post

Form what i hear they call it gods table b/c the people who made it are Mormons or something like that
willsyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #1573
AUSHii
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I also saw something similar on my way up to Vt but it was a huge dresser and bed with flowers planted in them it was in some part of NY
Unread 09-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #1574
AUSHii
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Some pics i snapped while driving thru fields in VT

This house looked abondoned and the road was a dead end into a box covert.

I go by this house often and no one is ever there! Its so weird
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #1575
damuddmann
2005 TJ Wrangler 

spunds like i need to start wheeling in cali to find the cool crud! all we ever find here in good ol' az are all makes and models or cars and trucks people light on fire for what im guessing is insurance....kinda lame...
damuddmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.