Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 104 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Reply
Unread 09-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #1546
skeeterbeater
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germantown, Ohio
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot08 View Post
i wish i had some jeep stories i live in northeastern indiana and have nowhere to go wheeling.
i live in SW ohio is Haspen too far away for you?

Haspin Acres | Off-Road & Motocross Park in Laurel, Indiana

__________________
its not the biggest baddest rig on the trail, but i beat the hell out of it and have a good time.
skeeterbeater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #1547
HeyRay2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 77
Came across a half-decomposed human body on the bank of the river while my brother-in-law and me were riding dirt bikes. Called the police and they identified it as someone who had been reported as lost in the woods the previous winter. I guess they had died in the snow and the melt eventually slid the body into the river and washed it down stream.

It didn't matter how many EMT training videos I'd seen in my time or how many horror movies I'd watched. Seeing the real thing like that is insurmountably worse.

I still have a nightmares about that day.
HeyRay2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #1548
kimber_Da
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Currently ND
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRay2 View Post
Came across a half-decomposed human body on the bank of the river while my brother-in-law and me were riding dirt bikes. Called the police and they identified it as someone who had been reported as lost in the woods the previous winter. I guess they had died in the snow and the melt eventually slid the body into the river and washed it down stream.

It didn't matter how many EMT training videos I'd seen in my time or how many horror movies I'd watched. Seeing the real thing like that is insurmountably worse.

I still have a nightmares about that day.
I definetly understand we lose a couple up here in ND amd MN every winter. Usually don't find them until after it's to late. We didn't lose any this winter but we made up for it with the number of road fatalities. Which equally sucks.

If you ever have a chance to go to Skiatook, OK, there are houses under the lake if you so choose to go scuba diving, some of them are still under there. There is one place on Bull Creek Peninsula where you can swin or boat out to a small island where there used to be a house. It's just a foundation now though.
__________________
2003 Ford F-350 Extended Cab Long Bed 6 speed.
93 YJ 4.0 AX-15 2.5 Springs. 31" tires
kimber_Da is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #1549
HeyRay2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber_Da View Post
I definetly understand we lose a couple up here in ND amd MN every winter. Usually don't find them until after it's to late. We didn't lose any this winter but we made up for it with the number of road fatalities. Which equally sucks.

If you ever have a chance to go to Skiatook, OK, there are houses under the lake if you so choose to go scuba diving, some of them are still under there. There is one place on Bull Creek Peninsula where you can swin or boat out to a small island where there used to be a house. It's just a foundation now though.
Yup, I lived in Utah most of my life (until moving to Washington 5 years ago) and there are plenty of ghost towns like this. I don't think there are any underwater anyway, but for example there is a town called Thistle that was covered by 150+ feet of water when a mud slide blocked both outlets to the canyon the city was in.

Many of the houses are still there. Just kind of creepy to drive through places like that knowing a lot of people died there once.

Thistle - Utah Ghost Town
HeyRay2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #1550
918wheeler
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber_Da View Post
If you ever have a chance to go to Skiatook, OK, there are houses under the lake if you so choose to go scuba diving, some of them are still under there. There is one place on Bull Creek Peninsula where you can swin or boat out to a small island where there used to be a house. It's just a foundation now though.
Really? i have been up to lake skiatook many a times and never heard about that, do you think they are still under there?
__________________
'82 cj7, 5.2L V8, d60/44, 39tsl sx's, and lots o'goodies
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/father-son-yjs-659430/
918wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #1551
MarkkInNJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore (No we dont pump Fist)
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmp211 View Post
Yeah I've heard about that hospital. But I'm a ***** when it comes to that stuff. I'll prob never go.
hahahha yeahhhh me tooo. but its so fun when you bring all your friendsss! and girls who are scared ******! hahha
__________________
Nj Surfer; 83 CJ7 Scrambler; 00 2 door XJ (Stock for now) DD; 93 YJ (had 4 inch lift and 33's now its gone); 94 XJ (stock-gone); 89 XJ (stok-gone)
MarkkInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #1552
buZZBomb_
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ravensdale, WA
Posts: 66
bigfoot

one time i thought i saw bigfoot in my rear view mirror.i sat there for 5 minutes looking back.i backed up to the spot and got out,i heard branches breaking in the woods.then nothing,i felt like i was being watched.
__________________
88 yj 4" lift 33"s~wheeler.2000 wj 2.5" lift 31"s~urban anarchy rig/DD. 98 xj bone stock
buZZBomb_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #1553
cpleasant
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 905
I thought I saw Bigfoot once too. Turned out it was just the tall, hairy chick I picked up at a bonfire party peeing in the woods and I had sobered up enough to see how horrid she was.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by liredneck View Post
I know your rite I seid the dealer seid the same thing as you and that I don't want them there , but I was asking another qeustin as in what do I do about the slots in the brackets couse if I just put a bolt in there it will slide back and fourth but again thank you all knowing and powerfull jeep god sorry us lesser jeep peeons might have some more qeustins in the future , so please if there to much for you sit back relax go to the next post
cpleasant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #1554
dbabbster
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpleasant View Post
I thought I saw Bigfoot once too. Turned out it was just the tall, hairy chick I picked up at a bonfire party peeing in the woods and I had sobered up enough to see how horrid she was.
lol...now thats funny!
dbabbster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 02:30 AM   #1555
Jeremy_C
Registered User
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jacksboro Tennessee
Posts: 138
This thread appears to be fizziling out..... tell us some stories.
__________________
1978 Cj7 360, Yellow.
Yellow Jeep Club member # 1982
Tennessee Vol Jeep Club # 1
Jeremy_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #1556
DV8
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sand Lake MI
Posts: 38
3 am in the morning wheelin, Found a chevy celebrity staion wagon buried up to the axles, with all the windows steamed up. Turn out 4 college kids from Chicago trying to go camping.. made 80$ off that one.
Found Army knife, ammo, change, money, necklaces, beer, remote control airplanes, arrows, State Police Lic Plate.
Boat motor, 08 Chevy all shot up and buried. Most of this is by a college town... and the back woods party spots. Never know what your going to find..
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #1557
staggwj
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ditry Jerz
Posts: 124
Went mudding one night at a spot we always used to hit in the meadowlands, found a brand new '08 chevy pickup framed on some deep ruts, doors unlocked all the info still in the glove pulled it out and called the guy to come pick it up, took us to a few new wheelin' spots after that.
also found a bunch of gas powered remote planes out there and an old cj thats been burned down...my friends dad knows the guy who buried the jeep in about 5 ft of mud, now its on flat dry ground

went to the "bridge to nowhere" once, that was cool...just a random unfinished bridge in south jersey

used to go up by the jackson whites and found countless cars burned down, knowing that they were just stolen and joyriden couldnt really do anything, found a burning one on a certain night and we just hightailed it out of there
nothing like have these stories but hope to share more
__________________
'99 I-6 WJ
Stock
'88 I-6 MJ
Stock for now
staggwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #1558
XJMuscle98
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Glouco, NJ
Posts: 1,840
Where in south jersey?
__________________
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L AW4/NP231 211k+

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #1559
LJman06
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by staggwj View Post
Went mudding one night at a spot we always used to hit in the meadowlands, found a brand new '08 chevy pickup framed on some deep ruts, doors unlocked all the info still in the glove pulled it out and called the guy to come pick it up, took us to a few new wheelin' spots after that.
also found a bunch of gas powered remote planes out there and an old cj thats been burned down...my friends dad knows the guy who buried the jeep in about 5 ft of mud, now its on flat dry ground

went to the "bridge to nowhere" once, that was cool...just a random unfinished bridge in south jersey

used to go up by the jackson whites and found countless cars burned down, knowing that they were just stolen and joyriden couldnt really do anything, found a burning one on a certain night and we just hightailed it out of there
nothing like have these stories but hope to share more


i live near the jackson whites
__________________
Black LJ
2" BB, 33" KM2's, front stinger, rear exogate tailgate, skids, Uniden CB radio
LJman06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 07:02 AM   #1560
Boundless
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Satellite Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,063
glad I was not in my Jeep

While hunting back in the mid-80ís near Naples, Florida, I turned a corner on a dirt road and spooked some guys unloading some ( ? ) from a plane and into a van. Thank God I was in my 4brl 351w Bronco and not my 6cly CJ5, nothing like the feeling of doing 100+ mph off-road and no bullet holes when it was all over. Pucker factor was very high!

Who said speed is over rated? Not me!
__________________
__________________________________________
Rusty
Satellite Bch, FL
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.