Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #1516
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i googled it and got....

Jackson - Log Cabin Ruins - on Bens Lane // our trip there - Weird N.J. - The Magazine - The Weird Library - The Weird US Message Board - Message Board - Yuku

Unread 09-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #1517
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando81 View Post
.....I have nothing good to add since I only have Rousch Creek to go wheel at NY sucks
Go find this.
Overhead view of Rock Crusher

It's an interesting thing to check out, and has good history.

List of the largest artificial non-nuclear explosions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Split Rock, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #1518
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Before the explosion (one of the largest man-produced explosions of all time):

After:

90 years later, sitting abandoned in the woods, near Syracuse, NY:
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #1519
mikec8387
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Creepy Find

Last year my girlfriend and I were 20 miles south of Athens, GA on our 2400 acre deer hunting property bush hogging and setting up stands/ shooting houses. I had already been there for two days replacing parts on my grand pappy's tractor (coil and tune up) and building tree stands. My girlfriend had came down that morning to help me finish a few things. Quitting time was quickly approaching so I asked my girl if she would drive my jeep back to the lodge and I would tend to the tractor. After a quick lesson on how to drive it, I let her loose. Thankfully she did quite well. She did so well that after I put all of our tools away, I told her to drive us out to the store where she had left her car. I tried to take a nap but after only 15 or 20 minutes of driving the wrong way my power nap was interrupted by the worst scream imaginable.

About 50 yards ahead of us were 50 or 60 manikins hanging from the pines by their necks. After I was locked and loaded.... I calmed her down. After watching for movement for a few minutes we decided there was no reason to be alarmed. We got out of the jeep for further investigation.

I will not go into all the details about the manikins but it was definitely a racially charged spectacle.
It was definitely an old triple-K hangout.

Me and My girl decided not to tell any of our friends. We decided we would keep it a secret until we had the opportunity to scare some fools.

The next week I brought two of my good buddies down to sew some food plots. All day I was looking forward to seeing their horrified faces. Finally the time came and I took them to the same spot. It took them a few seconds to realize why I had stopped and then they freaked. One of my buddies climbed out the back and took off running. It was EPIC.
I told them both my girlfriend handled it better than they did.

The next morning we went out to finish our work. The task for the day was to get some water up to the recently planted field. We used an old water pump to move water from a creek. I was digging a small ditch on the creek bank and noticed a very old 3" metal pipe on the opposite side of the creek. We followed it for a mile or so to a very small house (10x10).
To make a really long story a little bit shorter, we saw the man that lived there. He was so old he could barely move. We talked to him. He told us he was 94 years old and his family had been living there for 120 years.

We asked him about all of the manikins in the trees. He said his brothers helped him make hate films and racial propaganda back in the 1940's during WWII.
He was in tears. He explained that he had found Jesus. He was very remorseful. He led his whole family to Christ and they moved away to the Everglades. He stayed there, punishing himself by secluding himself from society.

Three months ago the paper company burned the trees and old manikins. They could not use the trees because they had a ridiculous amount of bullets in them.
mikec8387 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #1520
mikec8387
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pot Farm

A few weeks ago some hunters found a pot farm the next county over from me.
Here is the local news story.

$1.5 million pot-growing operation found in Banks Co. | AccessNorthGa
mikec8387 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #1521
1986cherokeeee
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight22 View Post
hmm, thats my name too...
my name too
Unread 09-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #1522
Fred99TJ

I lived 20 years in Jersey and I have not either
Unread 09-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #1523
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmp211 View Post
I've never heard of it
yeahhhh i didnt either. but this one site has a bunch of places like it. and there is a house (shack is more like it) and its pretty cool. but if you type in haunted places in NJ you can get a whole list of them. ohhhh and have you heard of the Mental hospital in Malboro? its in the woods apparently so it would be a little trail ride. hahaha but i've never been there.... yet... you get caught and you get screwed!
Unread 09-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #1524
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yeahhh thats a site. it is in Weird NJ, but its better in person. people live back there and are like people come from all over the place.
Unread 09-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #1525
The Golden One

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbuilder View Post
More pics of the Manson House...you got it...

Picasa Web Albums - Joe - Death Valley ...

Should be a lot of stuff to look at.
Awesome! I appreciate the link. I think that I will save it in my favorites, for future viewing (this type of stuff is awesome!). Sorry it took so long for the reply, but I usually wait a bit to check this thread so I have quite a few stories to read.

This is still my favorite thread of all time.
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.
The Golden One is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #1526
gmp211
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkkInNJ View Post
yeahhhh i didnt either. but this one site has a bunch of places like it. and there is a house (shack is more like it) and its pretty cool. but if you type in haunted places in NJ you can get a whole list of them. ohhhh and have you heard of the Mental hospital in Malboro? its in the woods apparently so it would be a little trail ride. hahaha but i've never been there.... yet... you get caught and you get screwed!
Yeah I've heard about that hospital. But I'm a ***** when it comes to that stuff. I'll prob never go.
Unread 09-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #1527
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Just spent the last two nights reading this awesome thread. Had to keep looking over my back, and got the chills numerous times. I have four stories:

My girlfriend and I were camping at Hog Island near the Green Swamp in the winter. We were just chilling by the fire, looking at the stars.

All of a sudden, we see a point of light move half way across the sky in about 3 seconds, then zig zag insanely fast, and then shoot off. We weren't drinking or doing anything. Believe me or not, I know what I saw.

#2 I have family in Alabama, near Fort Rucker. They own close to 300 acres, with a fare share of food plots and trails. I took my friend up there one July, and we took both four wheelers out on one of the trails, about 2 miles away from the house. We set down the tent, made a camp fire and shot off some fireworks.

We got settled into the tent, and we heard footsteps about 20-30 feet away. Mind you, we were not armed, save for our knives. So we did the next logical thing. Lit firecrackers and threw them out the tent.(In hindsight, fire hazard FTW) After throwing about 10 out, we stopped and listened.

Sure enough, the footsteps got closer. We freaked out, and radioed to the house that someone needed to pick us up. My dad came to the rescue, and said he saw a cougar cross the trail not 100 yards away from our tent.

Needless to say, we hauled gluteus maximus and came back armed during the say time to clean up camp.

#3 This is also in Alabama, same area. We were outside on the porch at night time, just talking with the family. All of a sudden, we heard this noise I can only describe as howler monkeys/ dogs fighting.Went on for about 30 seconds.

It was pretty loud, and didn't sound too far away. Nearest neighbors are about 5 miles away. Grandparents say they have never heard a noise like it before or since.

#4 Again, in Alabama. My grandparents house lies at the top of a steep hill, with a bass pond 100 feet down at the bottom.We were playing pool inside, when we heard a loud rumbling noise.

We run to look outside, only to see a Apache hovering over the pond. Needless to say, we ran outside and waved at it, and it turned toward us, and promptly went up, and away. Guess it was practicing hiding behind hills.
BassMasterCHS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #1528
Boyjeepin
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMasterCHS View Post

#3 This is also in Alabama, same area. We were outside on the porch at night time, just talking with the family. All of a sudden, we heard this noise I can only describe as howler monkeys/ dogs fighting.Went on for about 30 seconds.

It was pretty loud, and didn't sound too far away. Nearest neighbors are about 5 miles away. Grandparents say they have never heard a noise like it before or since.
Sounds like raccoons.

The only thing I've ever seen was a few old houses, some old mines, and a old pickup truck that was upside down. Hooked it up to the jeep rolled it over and dragged it around a little just for fun.
2001 XJ: MIA
Boyjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #1529
XbajaJeepX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyjeepin View Post
Sounds like raccoons.

The only thing I've ever seen was a few old houses, some old mines, and a old pickup truck that was upside down. Hooked it up to the jeep rolled it over and dragged it around a little just for fun.
More like a Jaguar.
Unread 09-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #1530
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

There are big cats in the area, like my other story... Wasn't a coon, it had a deep very loud sound to it..
BassMasterCHS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.