Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!Bds suspension discount

Unread 09-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #1501
Commando81
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canfourjeep View Post
Everyone trying to out BS each other. HA HA
I can't believe it took years before anyone made a comment like this

This thread is great BS or not very entertaining

I have nothing good to add since I only have Rousch Creek to go wheel at NY sucks

Commando81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #1502
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Years ago at about three in the morning we were coming home and was traveling down a road in the middle of nowhere, there weren't any houses around for miles, nothing but wide open fields. We came to a stop and was about to make a turn on another road when a man, woman and litlle girl carrying a green pail appeared out of nowhere from a field and crossed the road in front of us into another field. It spooked us, we stopped and my friend in the Jeep behind us got his spot light out but couldn't find them, they just vanished, there was nowhere for them to hide, it was wide open and recently cut. Then it dawned on us they were dressed like "little house on the prarie." At first we thought they were just out to mess with people but then we wondered why they would do it there, they would have to wait hours at that time of night for someone to come along and who has their 4-5 year old out at that time on top of it. It was strange.

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/

Last edited by ionakana; 09-03-2009 at 07:21 AM..
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #1503
Madmanmiller802
2004 TJ Wrangler 

One time out in the middle of nowhere there is this huge empty abandoned house. So we whipped it around and got the hell out there. Then about a mile away we see two old four wheelers parked and a coffee can nailed to a tree. We looked in the coffee can and inside is a walkie talkie with a note that says call for help on it. It was really weird. Probably some serial killers that fill the wheelers with an ounce of gas so you think you can get away and then chase you down. We left. Fast.
Unread 09-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #1504
jcbaxe

Waayy back in the day, I was in the Boy Scouts, 1968ish or so. Our troop had the priviledge of being color guard on Mackinaw Island for two weeks every summer. One morning me and a few other kids took off on bikes to ride around the island. About half way around, we spotted the fuselodge of a small airplane washing up on the shore. I remember we were too spooked to look for bodies in it. We high tailed it back to the barracks and reported what we saw. Another really cool place is Beaver Island, in Lake Michigan. A buddy and I wheeled (a Delta 88) all over that island for a week back in the 80's. Beautiful, pristine beaches with no one for miles. an old light house and spooky old cemetery were also checked out. I also remember flipping a Hobie Cat offshore and getting a bit panicky trying to flip it back over with another guy. I haven't been there since, I hope it isn't all condos and golf courses now.
jcbaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #1505
VT_Jeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey Madmanmiller.....where in Vt was that? I'm down in Middlebury.

'06 Sport, 4"RC, 33" BFG M/T's, Warn, LoD rear, AtoZ rockers, Cobra, lights, and other goodies.......
VT_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #1506
JeepGuy813
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Right after my friend and i got done wheeling we decided to take a walk through some woods, and about 15 min later we ended up running into a old train tunnel that is filled with really deep water now. A tree has started to fall over it but my friend said behind the tree is says 1933 on it.
JeepGuy813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #1507
mlmooo
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Redstone

I was working on Redstone Arsenal in Alabama back in '96. We used to wheel all over that place. We called it deer scouting. We would come up on the wrong side of locked gates and found lots of cool bunkers. Sometimes the bunkers were fully manned. Lights, razor wire, and M16s. You had to watch out for where they buried the hazardous waste though.

Me and a buddy went out exploring at lunch in my new K1500 one day. There was a laser firing range near the highway that was normally closed, but the gate was open. So we headed that way to see what was up there. On the way, we passed an ATV except it had a big beach-ball sized thing on it and no seat. As I recall it was part clear, part shiny and spherical. There were several other cameras mounted on it too. We went on past it but took a good look. We went up around the corner and took a look around.

A few minutes later, we came back by where it was, but it had moved. We saw it further up the road and it was moving away from us, with no one on it and no one in sight. We had to go that way to leave the range, so we rolled up on it. It stopped and we went around but stopped just past it and got out to take a look.

As we walked around, the "head" on it followed us. (Think Gilligan's Island, when the satellite lands).We asked 'it', using our hands, if it could see us, and it nodded yes!!! We asked if it could hear us and it shook its head no. About that time we see a Humvee rolling our way. They obviously had pictures of us and my plate so we waited and took a good look at the quad.

When they got up to us, they were laughing their butts off. They took us in the back and showed us how it worked. Laser range finder, thermal imaging the whole works. It was a government sub-contractor out for a test. All run from a suitcase. It was pretty crude, but I bet its a great tool by now. A few days later my wife came across the guys at a public hardware display. They were telling the story from their side.

I didn't remember this story until I got to this thread.
mlmooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #1508
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAllen View Post
I have seen lots of old refrigerators, freezers, washers, driers, stoves and other household appliances, but don't consider those "unusual." A dead body or a crashed WWII airplane, now THAT would be unusual!
I went on some hike in Vt before where a plane had crashed back in WWII, it still had the carnage there. It was pretty cool.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #1509
DME
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This is a great thread. The only thing I have ever found (in upstate NY) is stone walls scattered around the woods from long-gone farms.

My father-in-law (a logger) found the body of a hunter years ago somewhere. Poor fool shot himself or froze, I can't remember.
DME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #1510
RickHonzaRubicn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yea went wheeling with my buddy out at some copper mind trails in georgia. buddy said it was the place to go. come to find out my buddy didnt tell me satanist use to live there in trailers and seriously hunted other hunters on the hunting grounds. they would kill them with tools they made and take there wallets and clothes. no **** im not lying about. i didnt believe my buddy so i did some research through old newspapers back in the 70's from my other buddies newspaper shop. guess what yea it was true. pretty scary to go wheelin and see old trailers and cars that were owned by satanist. so the legend goes theres still some followers that live out there in the copper mines. no one really cares to go back there or **** with it. all i can say is everytime i go wheelin my 38's on my hip
RickHonzaRubicn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #1511
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I was offroading with a gourp of friends in my car and a bunch in my buddys tahoe back in the woods of jersey. Darn chevy got stuck a few times. we decided to just follow this trail, its about 10 pm. i have my light bar on full blast and all i see is dark everywhere, thought we were lost. the gps was just going around in circles and it kept saying "turn around when possible" and "Redirecting". we had to turn it off. finally we pull over and we turn o the gps to see if we could zoom out to see if we could maybe get a glipse of the closest road, when we turned it on, it said we were on a road called Benz Lane. we both looked at each other like WTF!? so we continued on the way it told us, well actually we went the other direction. as we continued on this so called Banz lane, it got narrow as hell and we both were riding ontop of the trail now. it looked like an old horse and buggy trail from way bac when (we have a bunch of these in the area). so finally its now almost midnight, and i'm running low on fuel, we came to a house , or what was left of it. it was a log cabin that looked like a fire broke out years ago and someone put it out. there was no glass in the windows and such. we made my lights point all different directions and we broke out the flashlights on my roll bars. as we walked around we heard crunching noises, and we thought they were sticks and leaves.. we adventure into the house were there were dead animal skeletons everywhere! we walked back out side and saw JASON! ok, lets get back on topic... mybad.. so anyways we shined the flash lights everywhere and saw animal skeletons everywhere. we decided to turn around and get the hect outta there. we all went home (girls were in tears) and i wanted to research this benz lane that appeared out of no where. well it is a road, and it was back in the day. nd we were on the "old" benz lane. this site is actually on a website for haunted places in New Jersey. Dont believe me, look it up! it was so coooool! my gf was quite scared!! hahahah
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #1512
RickHonzaRubicn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

also found a 9mm clip and 10 yards from it was a bloody bra. crazy huh so what did i do. get out take a piss and drive on
RickHonzaRubicn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #1513
Tony89
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkkInNJ View Post
...we were on the "old" benz lane. this site is actually on a website for haunted places in New Jersey. Dont believe me, look it up! it was so coooool! my gf was quite scared!! hahahah
google knows nothing of benz or banz ln in new jersey...
Unread 09-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #1514
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

its supposed to be bens lane, but still I didn't find much only like 2 postings

well not supposed to be, but thats what the articles had it under

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #1515
gmp211
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony89 View Post
google knows nothing of benz or banz ln in new jersey...
I've never heard of it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.