The "dinosaur" I was most excited to see in Jurassic World... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-17-2015, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
YJTim89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The "dinosaur" I was most excited to see in Jurassic World...

The "dinosaur" I was most excited to see in Jurassic World... The famous Jurassic Park YJ makes a triumphant return to the big screen... if only for a few brief scenes.

There's JP18 which transported Grant, Sattler, and Malcolm from the helipad in the original Jurassic Park. It's used by two characters as a hiding place from the mega dino and then smashed into the wall.

JP29 which carried Hammond and Gennaro is actually driven in the movie. The two kids jump it with a go-kart battery and drive it back to the new park while being chased by other dinosaurs.

After this the YJs are abandoned and the movie continues to fulfill it's obligation to Mercedes.

So what do you think? Would a YJ abandoned in a jungle garage for 22 years even run with just a new go-kart battery?

My Build Project WhYJ?

http://goo.gl/C2vCQD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-17-2015, 11:01 AM
JohnnyZJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

hells ya it would.

it was a brand new vehicle stored indoors. just needed a new battery. they go on craigslist for 100 million dollars remember? LOL.

it would not surprise if it started no. however the fuel in it would be pretty rank, and i doubt it would run longer than they drove it haha

07' JKUR rollin on 35s
post #3 of 9 Old 06-17-2015, 11:01 AM
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There's another thread on this as well.. Yours is better because of the pictures!!!

The consensus was... maybe...

I've resurrected motorcycles that were about the same age with fresh gasoline and a jump start. A cleaning of the spark plugs with sand paper helps a lot as well. Lets pretend they did that and cut it out of the movie to save time

Also, I'm pretty sure I've run 20 year old gel like turpentine through lawn mower engines before. Considering our 4.2L and 258s are pretty much just tractor engines, I want to believe it could handle it... I mean.. A jeep is pretty much just a big lawn mower anyway, right?

post #4 of 9 Old 06-17-2015, 11:23 AM
jeep63

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Too funny... My son and I had the same conversation on our way home after this movie.

It was a great "nod" to the original movie and those fantastic YJs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-17-2015, 12:37 PM
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What are the chances that a high school kid from today would know how to drive a stick shift?

post #6 of 9 Old 06-17-2015, 07:36 PM
1991YJisLife
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanF View Post
What are the chances that a high school kid from today would know how to drive a stick shift?
About 1 in 100. I find it funny that he "failed his driver's test" but can drive a stick like he's a pro. Kinda wished the little kid drove. When he was listing off all of the specs of the Jeep I was cheering in my head like go kid.

Totally believe that it would start after all those years, but not without its oil leaks
post #7 of 9 Old 06-22-2015, 07:00 PM
wkbear
1995 ZJ 

Anything is possible, I guess. They did make it sound like it was misfiring/running rough.

1995 Grand Cherokee Ltd., 5.2, 249, stock (for now)
post #8 of 9 Old 06-23-2015, 01:15 PM
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

don't forget to get your 1:32 scale jurassic park YJ!!! http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World...+park+wrangler
post #9 of 9 Old 06-24-2015, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
YJTim89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134 View Post
don't forget to get your 1:32 scale jurassic park YJ!!! http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World...+park+wrangler
Why did you have to show me that?

My Build Project WhYJ?

http://goo.gl/C2vCQD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.