Buyer beware - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Buyer beware

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
klong4u
2013 JK Wrangler 

Buyer beware

I have a brand new 2013 Sahara with 1,900 miles on it when it started to have issues. At 2,300 miles it needed to be towed to the dealership. Chrysler denied me warranty service on the vehicle and it cost me nearly $1,200 out of pocket to get the vehicle repaired. I Weil never buy another Chrysler product again

klong4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
YJ_89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What was wrong with it?
Unread 05-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
klong4u
2013 JK Wrangler 

The clutch failed at 1,900 and completely burned out at 2,300. I have been driving stick shifts for 25 years and never burned out a clutch. The area manager for Chrysler looked at the disassembled clutch and said it was due to customer abuse. However, there were no signs of customer abuse (dings, dents, mud every where, etc) and instead of determining what could have caused the pressure plate or clutch to stick he just denied the warranty repair. The clutch is under warranty for the first 12,000 miles, but instead of standing behind their product they blamed their customer. I am in the process of taking them to court and I'll key the judge decide if my brand new Jeep that doesn't have a speck of dusty our dirty on it looks like an abused vehicle
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:19 AM   #4
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by klong4u View Post
The clutch failed at 1,900 and completely burned out at 2,300. I have been driving stick shifts for 25 years and never burned out a clutch. The area manager for Chrysler looked at the disassembled clutch and said it was due to customer abuse. However, there were no signs of customer abuse (dings, dents, mud every where, etc) and instead of determining what could have caused the pressure plate or clutch to stick he just denied the warranty repair. The clutch is under warranty for the first 12,000 miles, but instead of standing behind their product they blamed their customer. I am in the process of taking them to court and I'll key the judge decide if my brand new Jeep that doesn't have a speck of dusty our dirty on it looks like an abused vehicle
If I can give any advice, it's that you do your research on the following.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

Don't hate the product due to a ****ty dealership. Personally, I would've refused to pay anything and made a huge deal out of it involving the above act. That said, knowing is half the battle.

In short, it basically means that unless they can prove without a shadow of doubt that the failure was caused by you (I don't care how bad you are with a clutch, abuse won't kill a clutch with less than 2k miles on it), they have to repair it under warranty.

On another note, report that dealer to the BBB. Sounds like some shady pricks there.

Don't let a bunch of ***-hattery spoil your new, and very capable vehicle.

[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:53 AM   #5
klong4u
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thank you for writing Kenny. It was Chrysler's area manager that denied the claim. I was on the phone with Chrysler and written them and it is clearly Chrysler that is shady, not the dealership. I am shocked that a corporation would try and screw a customer over such a small cost to them relative to the purchase price vs. legal action, but they made their decision and at this point I'm done trying to reason with them. My lawyer said it's a warranty issue and he, as a Jeep owner, wants to take on Chrysler because he is pissed off by this B.S.
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #6
Jeepdozier

I bought a 2013 Sahara the roof leaked the whole year I had it. I kept taking it back to the dealership every single time. It was a year long fight but I won without legal help. I got another vehicle. The dealership was like what do you want duh another Jeep that does not gush water.
Jeepdozier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
klong4u
2013 JK Wrangler 

Lol.... I do love the Jeep and I understand that things mechanical do have issues ... So those weren't my problems. I do have an issue with a company that doesn't stand behind their product with only 1,900 miles on it. I'm glad to hear you were not forced to go the route of filing a lemon law claim!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
catahoula
2011 JK Wrangler 

I would try to contact Chrysler and see if they could do something or search for hidden recalls or similar problems maybe that can help your case.
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
klong4u
2013 JK Wrangler 

If you are taking to me I won my case .... They paid for my warranty service after my lawyer told them I was suing them if they didn't pay me within 5 business days

Unread 11-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
Jeepdozier

Yeah I agree to have to go to that distant was awful. Nowadays customer service is not what it used to be. It's a shame that when a consumer buys something you have to get an attorney involved. Then the big companies want to say that people are sue happy. Nah they just lack customer service. Tsk tsk tsk.
Jeepdozier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
klong4u
2013 JK Wrangler 

They are playing the numbers. They figure that fit every 10 people they deny only one person will sue, so it's cost effective for them to deny service. Plus they sell every Jeep they make so they figure they don't need to bend over backwards to make their customers happy on that product.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.