Anybody have any embarassing mudding/wheeling stories? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Anybody have any embarassing mudding/wheeling stories?

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)

Unread 10-16-2007, 02:37 PM   #46
xOakley
2005 WK 

short and sweet
my friend has a f150 with a 3-4in (i think) on 33's A/T
my girlfriend at the time had a 100% stock 99xj with BALD STREET TIERS!
she went threw this mud hole and somehow didnt get stuck, the F150 fallowed right behind and some how got so stuck, we had to call another truck to pull him out

xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #47
xOakley
2005 WK 

oh forgot to say, hers was a 2wd
and he was IN 4wd
xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #48
White92
1984 CJ7 

My dad and me got stuck in a marsh in south Texas about a month ago, it was the the God-forsaken middle of nowhere 30 miles to the next house and we were buried up to the diffs. We had no tools, all phones were out of service and only a few drinks in the ice chest. The only thing we had was a GPS and a bunch of cash, that is always very helpful! So we tried to dig it out but it was not working and the truck was overheating from all the revving and not going anywhere so we had to stop. An hour later we started walking, it was getting dark by then. We had not walked 5 minuets when two wetbacks and a tractor came by. They had greasy hair and stunk like something really bad but I though they looked like angles. lol No idea what they were doing out there.
Two hours later we made it to the camp, had we walked it would have taken all night and into the morning. GO PREPARED!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Blue Jeep Club Member #238[/COLOR]
[url]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q120/traviswhite92/DSC07176.jpg[/url]

[B]Hemi Club member #17[/B]
White92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 07:42 PM   #49
KeeptheJeep
2004 WJ 

My first jeep was a 97 XJ 5-speed with 2wd. Now I never did and wheeling in mud or anything crazy, but I would go off-road if it was dry enough. Well, one night I was driving to my sisters in the country and it had snowed pretty good all day. I got hung up in a 18" snowdrift with no one to call. About 15 minutes later a 4x4 silverado came by and helped me. When we were hooking me up to his hitch, he had a smirk on his face and said, like a smart ***, "never had to pull out a jeep before" I felt like such a tool.

The very next winter after if had snowed some for a few days and all the parking lots were half plowed with that hard packed snow on top. I pulling around near a blockbuster and I stopped in the middle of the parking lot to answer my phone. When I went to get going, my jeep didn't move. Apparently the blockbuster and been draining/leaking some water and it made the snow very icy. my rear left tire was in a sunken icy patch about 1 inch deep. I had to find someone to push from the rear, it just took a little push. all the rocking and shifted wouldn't budge it. I was so embarrassed because everyone was looking at me. What a bad representation of a jeep.
KeeptheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #50
bernie

This kind of fits in this thread:

So, I took the day off to do nothing.
Did go to the grocery, there we got a cell phone call.
It's been raining alot, the ground is saturated, lots of mud.
My 18 year old daughter (yes, she's very, very cute), who's been driving her Scrambler for a couple years, decided to venture down a mud road...
Made it a half a mile, then got stuck good.
Took awhile to find her.
Road is too bad to get her out today, unless I really want to work at it.
We'll go Friday, should be a little dryer by then.
Glad we're not getting a hard freeze yet, it would get froze in.
She learned a few more things about four-wheeling.

The whole time, I'm wondering why she has this city-boy, college student boyfriend.
Couldn't she have found a good jeeper or farm-boy?
One that could at least help on Friday?

Is that asking too much for poor old dad?
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #51
durangoyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Back in 94 I had a 92 Toy pick up and a buddy and I were wheeling around Colorado Springs where we lived. I had told my parents we would be home for dinner. Big mistake! We where about 60 miles from the house and it was getting time to start heading home. On the way back down the trail I saw a little mud hole that I thought would be cool to muddy the truck up with. How much trouble could 1 to 2 inches of standing water cause? I sunk the truck half way up the doors! We were 20 miles from the closest paved road and after several unsuccesfull attempts to get the truck out (shoving wood under tires etc.) we started walking. After about two hours of walking we ran into a guy driving a little S10 that drove us back to the truck and tried to pull it out for us. No dice. He drove us to Lake George and dropped us off at the only local business open at 10 PM, the bar (we were 17 at the time). A quick call to a pissed off mom and dad and by midnight we were home. Got up at 5 am and used dad's truck to pull it out, spent $10 at the car wash and was only an hour late to class!

Colorado Jeep Club Member # 176

\m/(..)\m/ "Rock on!"
durangoyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #52
JustANeon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie
This kind of fits in this thread:

So, I took the day off to do nothing.
Did go to the grocery, there we got a cell phone call.
It's been raining alot, the ground is saturated, lots of mud.
My 18 year old daughter (yes, she's very, very cute), who's been driving her Scrambler for a couple years, decided to venture down a mud road...
Made it a half a mile, then got stuck good.
Took awhile to find her.
Road is too bad to get her out today, unless I really want to work at it.
We'll go Friday, should be a little dryer by then.
Glad we're not getting a hard freeze yet, it would get froze in.
She learned a few more things about four-wheeling.

The whole time, I'm wondering why she has this city-boy, college student boyfriend.

pics? lol jk

I don't live close enough to any legal wheeling to go on a whim and none of my other friends with Jeeps, ever want to go.......
Unread 12-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #53
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was sitting at work one day over the previous summer and my phone starts to buzz. I answered it and its my friend who says to me that he got stuck a bit and just a quick tug should get him out so I asked my boss if I could take off for a bit to help him out and he said yes cause it was a slow day. Anyways I get into my Jeep and drove the 5 minutes to the place he was wheeling and drive in and see his jeep and my first reaction was holy crap thats gonna take a bit more than a little tug. Well long story short we tried to tug but my Jeep almost got stuck too in the process so about 5 hours and a lot of digging later we finally caved and called the police, luckily the chief of police is the dad of my two best friends so he called up the town and we got an excavator onto the trail, dont ask me how it fit haha. Anyways the thing pulled him out in a matter of second but it tore a cut in my recovery strap..and that kid hasn't replaced it yet oh well I'll get it back. Anyways here's the only picture I could get before my phone died. It was histerical going back to work because I'm a lifeguard and people looked at me like I was crazy cause I was covered more or less head to toe in thick black mud haha, oh well, here's the pic:

The funny thing is that from this picture it doesn't look stuck at all, haha but damn was it ever.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #54
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

while i still had the stock tranfer skid plate, i got stuck going down a hill, tired to ride the ruts, slid into one of them, only about a "9 rut, bad thing is my buddy had to pull me out on his stock ford ranger
Unread 01-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #55
White92
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie

That's because she don't know me! Any girl that drives a scrambler is a girl worth getting to know.

[COLOR="Blue"]Blue Jeep Club Member #238[/COLOR]
[url]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q120/traviswhite92/DSC07176.jpg[/url]

[B]Hemi Club member #17[/B]
White92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2008, 04:21 AM   #56
Rush1184
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have two.

Last night I was wheeling with another JF member I just met that night, and part of the trail was covered with mud puddles, nothing too bad it seemed to that point. Anyway, we got to this one puddle, and he goes over this branch and around the side of the puddle. Me, not having bumpstops currently installed on my stock 15 y/o suspension (I should receive them monday) not wanting to slow down for the branch before the mud decide to try and take a line across a shallow looking part and onto the side of the puddle where he went. I saw a tire only 3 inches submerged 15 feet ahead in the middle of the puddle so figured I was all good. No need to test it with a stick, or ask why the other jeep (he was a lifted WJ) went around this particular puddle, or even wonder why there were tire tracks going in and not out the other end. In short, I was perfectly set up to learn how stupid I really was.

I gave it gas, went in, and went to turn to go across to the side, but it just kept going forward and in. Put it in reverse, nothing, all four wheels spinning in the water, not touching the muddy bottom. I ended up being stuck in a puddle up my floor, my axles were both high centered on and submerged in a deep muddy rut. He drove back around me to try and pull me out, we hooked up the strap, and tried pulling it from 3 different positions, nothing, he just kept digging into the ground, my car did not move an inch.

He ended up calling a friend of his who drove an hour out here with his lifted TJ on 35's. We hook up the strap and again, nothing, he just digs in. He busts out the winch and hooks it to the strap and starts pulling, and it just pulls the TJ towards my jeep, which again, does not move an inch. This time we attach the TJ to a tree and give it a go with the winch. It finally with much pulling started moving out and finally came out. Started her back up and made it around reflecting on how I suddenly became that guy.

The first time was when I was 18 and had this little Dodge D50 pickup truck. It was the little 2WD 4-banger that could though. Anyway, I was on the beach and backed up to the edge of the sand before it started sloping down, and parked it there. Got out, closed the door, and the sand gave out from under the rear tires and it rested on its frame. I tried jacking it, and putting wood and rocks under the tires, but due to the sudden slope, I could not make a tall enough structure that would not be spit out instantly. I started walking, and found a matience guy with a truck who was working on a nearby structure, and he drove by and pulled me out. I was lucky, if he was not there I would have been totally screwed.
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Green_Jeep_Club"][I]New Green Jeep Club[/I] - Member #2[/URL]
1993 YJ Green/Spice - 6cyl 4.0L AX-15
2x KC Daylighters on windshield hinges, front hooks, rear shackle, 20' strap, shovel, saw, tools, air compressor, etc.
--------
FOR SALE:
- Set of 4 used 33x14.5r15 Mickey Thompson Baja Belted HP Tires on Alloy Rims (5 on 5.5 bolt pattern).
- 2x white 6" KC Stone Guards (NEW)
(PM me if interested)
Rush1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #57
WKJ_68A
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Got a call a few weeks ago at about 11:00 pm from my friend telling me he got his stock Ford Ranger stuck. I being a good friend drive from my girlfriend's house (about an hour away) to where he was to get him out. *before i go any further let me say that it had just rained 2 inches the day before and this place is already a swamp to begin with*

So i get in to the trail about 100 feet to where there is a water crossing. it's about 70 feet long and 8 feet wide and is USUALLY frozen. Well that 2 inches of rained cause it to soften up a bit. I made it about 20 feet on the ice before it broke and made it about another 20 feet before my TSL's dug into the soft bottom and i was burried to the bumpers. I had to leave the truck there overnight and my buddy with an F250 pulled me out the next day

Pic:

WKJ_68A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #58
oucheecrash
2009 JK Wrangler 

I got one, I just bought my f-250 from a friend of mine and was waiting for some friends of mine at a campground in mississippi. I got tired of riding around the lake in the boat so after waiting around for four hours I decided it was time to look for some trouble. I remembered that there was an old logging road that a friend of mine and I had gone down in his jeep stock with GSA's. That shouldn't be a problem for my bad *** 7.3 4wd f-250. Boy was I wrong. I made it through the first hole with no problems and dicided that this was a good time to lock my hubs. I dropped it in 4lo and gassed on it, everything was well, until everything started to move in slo motion. I got out of my truck and was up to my knees in red clay slop. I had no winch, no strap, and no one to help me. I went to the front of my truck and my pumpkin was high centered on a big hunk of clay. I scavanged for some logs and sticks with no prevail. I had to walk back a mile and a half with no shoes down a gravel road. By the way I lost a good shoe that day. I also have sissy feet so it was a long walk. I went down to look for some help at the swimming area. A guy with a f150 came and gave me a little tug and I was out. It was embarrasing. I learned a valuable thing that day always do a stick test or at least have a winch to get your stupid self out of a silly situation. I learned the limitations of that truck that day. Wet pavement or hard gravel roads are about the limit of that beast. Fords are for work and jeeps are for fun. My jeep has a winch, recovery straps, hi lift jack and a cb so hopefully I can help myself if no one is around.
oucheecrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #59
boardsurfer
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Embarrassing? oh yeah. First time I took my Jeep out, my wife and I were cruising up a local trail here. She was walking around taking pictures and stuff when we come to a section of trail that has quite a bit of snow. I lean out and ask her how it looks up ahead, she gives me the thumbs up and like an idiot, I plow ahead. Well it didnt take long to realize how bad of an idea that was.

Buried to the bumpers, tires spinning.

So I get out and look down the trail ahead. There is a huge snow drift and virgin snow beyond that. I ask her, "what on earth made you think we could get through that?"

Well, long story short, it took 8 ATVs all tied to each other to pull me back out. As if that wasnt bad enough, in a moment of panic I emailed my friend with 35s and lockers and a winch, that I was stuck and needed help.

He didnt have to come out, but boy did I get crap for that one.
boardsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #60
Douglas S.

Around here, during the winter, they pile the snow on the street sides. I usually park with both my passenger wheels on the mound, and as such, the pile in front of my house becomes a rock-hard blob of ice. Well, one morning I go to exit the blob in 2wd and break traction on the rear wheels. Because of this I slide over the passenger side and become high centered on the blob. After about 15 minutes of digging (more like chipping) I go and fire up the 64 valiant and head on my merry way. Later that afternoon I begin the chore of trying to free the Jeep for the second time.

I lift it up with the hi-lift and chip out the ice underneath. I repeat this procedure multiple times on both the front and back, all the while receiving strange looks from passing neighbours. After about an hour the Jeep is free. I am far more careful how I park now.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.