Anybody have any embarassing mudding/wheeling stories? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Anybody have any embarassing mudding/wheeling stories?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 05-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #31
jocww

how is that embarassing id love to have a magazine jeep and it being in 2wd thats just badass

Bay Area wheelers click this link
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Wheelers_...&#entry1565069

TvisXJ Did he just pull a Woo Wong? Chevelle Yea... he just pulled a Woo Wong
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJIceQueen98
Real women don't drive hummers... they give them
jocww is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #32
XJ4oh
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I got stuck in my yard... in wet grass.

Bald street tires were the reason.

Sad part is that it happened more than once. I felt like a tard having to lock it in 4wd just to get out of my yard.
Baja Aux. Lighting.
Green Jeep Club #185, Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #1
'04 WJ - Columbia Edition - 4.7HO 2WD
XJ4oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2006, 07:11 AM   #33
ps3tv
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocww
how is that embarassing id love to have a magazine jeep and it being in 2wd thats just badass
Embarrasing in that I was naive enough to think I was doing hard core badass four wheeling, but I was really just doing easy stuff that could be done in 2-wheel drive.
Unread 05-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #34
jocww

not in any regular jeep maybe for that magazine one but id bet itd take a regular jeep 4wd to get to some of those rocks etc.

Quote:
Unread 05-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #35
ps3tv
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It did embarras me some though. Think of it this way, you go four wheeling with a friend in his Jeep, and part way into the trail ride you comment about how extreme the trail is, and that you are blown away that a Jeep can go there. Then he looks at you like you're crazy and says "I'm still in two wheel drive". I would think you would feel kind of dumb, like I did when I saw the locking hubs while rinsing off my Jeep. The "boy I sure am dumb" feeling was rapidly replaced by a big smile though, as I quickly figured out how capable the Jeep really is. No complaints here, just felt kind of stupid to have thought I was Mr. big bad four wheeler when I wasn't.
Unread 05-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #36
drexelsteve
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3tv
It did embarras me some though. Think of it this way, you go four wheeling with a friend in his Jeep, and part way into the trail ride you comment about how extreme the trail is, and that you are blown away that a Jeep can go there. Then he looks at you like you're crazy and says "I'm still in two wheel drive". I would think you would feel kind of dumb, like I did when I saw the locking hubs while rinsing off my Jeep. The "boy I sure am dumb" feeling was rapidly replaced by a big smile though, as I quickly figured out how capable the Jeep really is. No complaints here, just felt kind of stupid to have thought I was Mr. big bad four wheeler when I wasn't.
bout as capable as your wallet, huh? which rag was it in?
Unread 05-14-2006, 10:21 PM   #37
ps3tv
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Actually there is no way I could have ever afforded this Jeep if I had bought it new and done the mods myself, not even close. It cost about half as much to buy a used Jeep that someone else has already done the mods on.

It was in Offroad Magazine about six months ago, but had a major rebuild after that issue.
Unread 05-15-2006, 05:13 AM   #38
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

Owned it for 6 hours before we ran into this.

Lesson learned: Always do the stick test on virgin puddles
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #39
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ4oh
I got stuck in my yard... in wet grass.

Bald street tires were the reason.

Sad part is that it happened more than once. I felt like a tard having to lock it in 4wd just to get out of my yard.
I had the same thing happen to me before I bumped up to my 31's... I don't even remember why I was pulling into the yard, but I got stuck and had to pop in 4wd to get back....
Unread 07-01-2006, 05:00 PM   #40
crosscheck17
1994 YJ Wrangler 

this almost could have been an embarassing story:

one time, i dropped my mom off at my brother's baseball game and the parking lot was the lawn behind the building the field was at. it had just rained and i saw a little mud puddle that i had to go through. well, i went for it and the front driver side tire splashed in and went right through and then the driver side rear tire splashed in and then the Jeep slowed almost to a stop. the tire was still spinning and the Jeep was barely inching forward and sinking in the mud. i was like "oh crap". i didn't realize how quick my tire could trench out that little mud puddle. so slowly sinking and creeping forward in the mud puddle, the Jeep barely pulled through. i was quite relieved when i made it through because i would hate to call for recovery because i got stuck in a puddle. that could have been embarassing! so when i left, i made sure it was in 4WD before i tried that puddle again. it went through no problem.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because I just farted.

"The box said 'Required Windows 95 or better'. So, I installed LINUX."
crosscheck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #41
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

OK, I suppose I could share.

I was at Badlands for the first time about 3 years ago, and I was following a friend of mine around. I got a little behind, just taking it easy, and he got out of sight. I went in the general direction and came to a spot of mud. There were two. I just went to the right, I guessed that is where he went. Well, unfortunately, that spot was deep and I got stuck right away. My friend went to the left, which wasn't much of anything. I had no clue how deep that spot was, and was stupid. I figured a couple inches deep. Took two vehicles to pull me out.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #42
Ron Mallory

Ok in arizona there isnt very much mud. But when there is mud people dont know how to stay out of it.

So it starts like this 2 of my buddys and i were camping by the the back side of lake pleasant (Table Mesa Rd) and it started raining no big deal. While we where camped out this guy in a stock nissan pathfinder is romping it. When i say this i mean wheels where coming of the ground and he is bottoming out all over.
He haulls balls by me and i didnt see him for about a 3 1/2hour. When out from the round of the corner comes this guys wife. They were stuck. No big deal. So just me none of my lazy a$$ friends bother to come go and pull them out. The guys right side was about 2 foot down and he could not open his door. I pull him out after a couple time and he is good.

After i get him out i look at the rutt/mud hole. i deside it isnt to bad. and that im going to show them how to mud. MY FIRST MISTAKE

I got stuck bad worse than him my 33 where deep underwater leening on it side my tj was sunk. well the guy that i pull out coulnt pull me out my dad had to come pull me out 6hours later. My friends didnt even bother to come look for me.
Unread 07-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #43
jocww

they arent friends if they do that to u

Quote:
Unread 07-17-2006, 04:25 AM   #44
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3tv
Embarrasing in that I was naive enough to think I was doing hard core badass four wheeling, but I was really just doing easy stuff that could be done in 2-wheel drive.
I did something like that tonight, me and my Isuzu friend were going through a mudpit, and I thought it was slipping a little much and I slid a little bit, but had no real problem, and he had it in 4low and was being thrown around and spun his tires decently. I go to shift out of 4hi and realize I never shifted into 4hi to begin with. So while I had some minor problems in 2wd he was having some small problems in 4wd and didn't seem happy to be outdone so easily.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #45
WhiteJeepKid

Not embarassing for me but some of my buddies will never get to live these down:

When I was in high school there was a large wooded property right next to the school, you could see where the old access road was to the powerlines and since it was next to a high school every kid with wheels wanted to drive it. The road had some pretty big holes that would become pits every time it rained.

About once every other week I would get a call at 2 a.m. from one of my asshat friends asking if I could come pull him out from some ungodly spot he had found while crusing drunk in the country, I normally did and everything was fine. However I got a call one night from a guy stuck in the aforementioned hole, I showed up and instead of hooking up the straps got in his driver seat and drove him out. The next week the same tihng happened in the same hole with another friend and a 3rd friend did it about a month later.

Nothing like thinking you are stuck good enough to feel the need to drag me out of my house at 2a.m. but when I show up and drive their truck/Jeep out for them they owe me a tank of gas.

Old Jeep: 1993 Wrangler, 4 cyl. 5 spd., 31" BFG ATs on black steelies, 2" bl, 1.25" lift shackles, tj flares, new top, nice stereo and a whole lot of other general maintenance mods everyone else has

White jeep club member #73
WhiteJeepKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.