Another Jeep wreck 50mph - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Another Jeep wreck 50mph

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
B25Boxer

Another Jeep wreck 50mph

Much like azadder's recent wreck, my wife was waiting behind a school bus when she got rear ended by a 94 year old guy who never saw her or the school bus. Thank god my 99 GC took the grunt of the impact, she walked away without a scratch. The 94 year old went to the hospital , but checked out OK.

Here's pictures of both vehicles ...

http://www.bryann.com/jeep.html

B25Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
Pottymouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Location: 30 minutes south of Baghdad....oops....I mean Detroit.
Christ. I'm glad your wife is ok and i'm sorry to see a Jeep look like that. I do not mean to rant but there is no way a 94 year old should be operating a motor vehicle.
10" Kicker Compvx Subwoofer
350W Kicker Amp
A big back seat for some fun with the lady friends
Pottymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
JFM626
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well first let me say that I am glad that your wife and the old fellow were not hurt seriously. But I also need to say this.
Unfortunately, as we age our senses and reflexes deteriorate to a point where we should no longer be driving. I remember driving with my father when he was in his seventies and asking how come he stays so close to the white line (at the side of the road). His reply was "that's all I can see". He never knew, but I reported him to our licencing department, two days later he gets a letter in the mail to get a doctor's exam and a new road test. Well he failed the medical, and never took the road test; thank goodness!! He was quite upset about losing what he considered his independence, but after selling his Honda, he settled in quite easily into using taxis, and ended up having an account with them. Before he passed away he told me that he should have turned in his licence years before he had it taken away. I just hope I have the common sense to turn mine in before I have it taken away hurt some one because of my physical/mental deficiencies.
JFM626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
hutchmanhd
1986 CJ7 

Glad your wife is OK. You can replace the car, but not the wife and it looks to me like you get to buy a new car!

Hutch
hutchmanhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
B25Boxer

After walking away from the crash, she wanted another one just like it. The other drivers insurance co gave us $10k to replace it. Picked up a '99 black/black GC limited in great shape for $8200 with 101k miles. The one we had was at 108k.

It makes me think the GC's are built pretty good for rearend crashes. By looking at Azadders pictures his faired pretty well compared the other vehicle.
B25Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
ImSuck

glad shes ok and like pottymouth said a 94 year old should not be driving a car. man that caould have been alot worse.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #59
[QUOTE=Grewe02]No such thing. Eat **** and die.[/QUOTE]

lifted with some extra's
......sold
ImSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #7
crazymon01
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottymouth
Christ. I'm glad your wife is ok and i'm sorry to see a Jeep look like that. I do not mean to rant but there is no way a 94 year old should be operating a motor vehicle.
i agree with this guy
307 -> 411 gear swap
lock rite locker on the dana 35
33 x 12.50 Mickey Thompson radial MTZ
4.5" Rubicon Express heavy duty Suspension Lift
currie boomerang shackles
8,000 lbs. Winch
bikini top
tonneau cover
pictures?? http://www.cardomain.com/id/ironm98
crazymon01@aol.com
crazymon01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.