Zone off road 3" lift -vs- RC's 2.5" DISCUSS - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Zone off road 3" lift -vs- RC's 2.5" DISCUSS

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

View Poll Results: Would you go with:
Zone 3" 11 26.19%
RC 2.5" 31 73.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Zone off road 3" lift -vs- RC's 2.5" DISCUSS

I have some buddies that have JK's that seem to like this Zone off road kit they all 3 have. However, they have nothing to compare it to. In searching Zone's posts on here (he is a member here) I came across this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone_Offroad View Post
Our kits come with quality twin tube hydraulic shocks. We determine the valving codes per application and have them built by Monroe. They are not cheap imports!
So, clearly they aren't monotube shocks. But I don't even know what kinda shocks the RC's has. IF they're monotube, twin tube, ect...???

Here is link to Zone's site showing the lift and what all comes with the kit.
I will not post RC's link as we all know where to find that at. RC does a great job at advertising on here and many members run this lift.

My questions are:
-Whom here runs or knows of someone running a zone lift?
-How well does the zone ride on road? I know of tons of people that love and state their content of the RC 2.5" kit w/ 2.2 shocks-springs running slightly better then stock. And to me that is a huge success.
-Any pics of the zone 3" flexing? I can find pics all day of the RC kit flexing but none for zone.

Now clearly the Zone is more expensive but it seems you get a little more with this kit compared to the RC 2.5".

DISCUSS PLEASE.

CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Really, noone has the zone?
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have been researching lifts and surfing this forum for a few months now and have yet to come across anybody running a Zone lift. I would suggest going with RC since there is plenty of feed back on them and they are relativly inexpensive considering what you get. Not saying Zone is crap, just haven't been able to find any reviews on them.
GEM1N1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
Tracker401
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I seriously considered going with Zone 3" because it seemed like a good kit, reasonable for the $$ and (probably most important) I read somewhere that the guy running Zone had broken off from BDS and the kit was very similar to BDS. An internet search found a couple of feedback posts on another forum indicating the kit was good quality just unknown from a "new guy on the block." In the end, $239.00 for the RC 2.5" on their Christmas sale was too good to pass up, especially with about 60+ pages of feedback from this Forum. I went RC. I'm pleased. YMMV
Tracker401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The Zone kit does look like a BDS kit somewhat. I have heard the shocks aren't that great on the Zone kit. If you can get it without shocks and buy more dessired shocks that would make it more dessireable. The Zone kit doesn't come with quick disconnects, but that may not be anything you care about.
Unread 01-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Without dropping the T-case I'm wondering if the 3" would need an extended driveshaft? It seems that 2.5" of suspension lift is the max we can go before needing an extended driveshaft when running w/o a T-case drop.
Unread 01-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
JUPITERSAHARA
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just installed the RC 2.5 kit and also used the 3/4" coil spacers in the front (just incase I install my winch). I am very satisfied with the ride and quality of the kit. I did not need the transfer case drop kit as I have no vibrations. My plan is to add the 1.25 body lift and eventually run a 33/34 tire.
4 speed Automatic
Stock....for now!!!
JUPITERSAHARA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
Zone_Offroad
O|V|E|N|D|O|R|O
1990 MJ Comanche 

Let me attempt to point out a few things about our kit that I think makes our 3in. lift the best value for $459.99.

We do address the front and rear track bars to re-center your axles after the lift. The is done be re-drilling the axle mount in the front and we include the track bar relocation bracket in the rear.

We include front and rear extended sway bar links to get the sway bar back to the proper angle to reduce body roll. If running factory links with this much lift, this could likely to be your droop limiter.

The coils that come in our kit are quality US made steel that can be completely smashed coil to coil and come back to their original height. This means increased wheel travel, w/o sacrificing the spring life.

We also include bump stop extensions to keep the tires out of the fenders.

I'd like to hear feedback from you guys - what do you think?

www.ZoneOffroad.com

"Like" Zone Offroad on Facebook

BLOG| CUSTOMER RIDES GALLERY| YOUTUBE CHANNEL | PROJECT MJ BUILD

PM me for details on our Jeep Forum FREE SHIPPING promotion offered on $300+ orders of Zone. If you have any questions about our products, post in our section or shoot me a PM.
Zone_Offroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Let me attempt to point out a few things about our kit that I think makes our 3in. lift the best value for $459.99.

We do address the front and rear track bars to re-center your axles after the lift. The is done be re-drilling the axle mount in the front and we include the track bar relocation bracket in the rear.

We include front and rear extended sway bar links to get the sway bar back to the proper angle to reduce body roll. If running factory links with this much lift, this could likely to be your droop limiter.

The coils that come in our kit are quality US made steel that can be completely smashed coil to coil and come back to their original height. This means increased wheel travel, w/o sacrificing the spring life.

Do your 3" springs give 3" of lift or more?Can you buy the springs separately?(by themselves)
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks for the input zone! I was wondering where your guys get the shocks from? IE who makes the shocks? I assume you guys don't make the shocks yourselves but order them from somewhere then paint them white and inscribe the word zone on them. They look great.
I've been placed under the impression that RE shocks are made by bilstien. Not sure if that is true. And have also heard that skyjacker and teraflex both get thier shocks from the same company as well. (Not bilstien but some other company). Thanks again for feedback.
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #11
RCJEEP
Vendor

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I believe the our RC 2.5" is a better value. $299 This is why:
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_2.html

Our Springs are MADE IN THE USA too. Our Springs are progressive rate, giving you a better ride, but great handling too. Our springs can also be fully compressed and will rebound to the net height (what spring can't? ?

Our Shocks in the kit are not basic, white shocks:
Our Perforamance 2.2 shocks can be run inverted, have a larger 17.1 mm chrome harden shaft, a larger 41.4 mm diameter piston, a 2.2" larger foam filled body that stays cooler. External Jounce Bumper, Specifically applicated to give your Jeep a great ride and extreme flex.

Just like many 2" - 2.5" budget boosts we don't include sway bar links. They are not needed. But If you want, we can add them. Who measures full droop with the sway bar connected anyways? we have discos for $49.

Rear Trac-bar bracket is available for $17. Normally the rear axle only shifts like 1/8" or so. If this is a problem, throw our bracket on there for Only $17.

The kit is Only $299 w/ 2.2 shocks
Rear Trac-bar bracket available for $17
Adjustable Front and Rear Trac-bars available. $99
Disco sway bar links available for $49
Can be combined with our 1.25" BL for $89.

So you could add the rear trac-bracket and Extended Sway bar Discos to the kit for a total $365

All backed by Great Customer Service and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!

http://www.roughcountry.com
RCJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #12
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJEEP View Post

Our Springs are MADE IN THE USA too. Our Springs are progressive rate, giving you a better ride, but great handling too. Our springs can also be fully compressed and will rebound to the net height (what spring can't? ?

Our Perforamance 2.2 shocks can be run inverted, have a larger 17.1 mm chrome harden shaft, a larger 41.4 mm diameter piston, a 2.2" larger foam filled body that stays cooler. External Jounce Bumper, Specifically applicated to give your Jeep a great ride and extreme flex.

Just like many 2" - 2.5" budget boosts we don't include sway bar links. They are not needed. But If you want, we can add them. Who measures full droop with the sway bar connected anyways? we have discos for $49.

Rear Trac-bar bracket is available for $17. Normally the rear axle only shifts like 1/8" or so. If this is a problem, throw our bracket on there for Only $17.

So you could add the rear trac-bracket and Extended Sway bar Discos to the kit for a total $365

Great points.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #13
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJEEP View Post

-You guys are finally offering full replacement trac bars? Details please! I've been waiting on this.
-Also, how do your quicker disco's compare to JKS quick disconnects? Any pics of RC discos mounted on a jeep?
-Furthermore, whom do you guys order your shocks from?
-Lastly, what do Jeeps running the RC 2.5" lift do for bump stops?
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
RCJEEP
Vendor

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
You guys are finally offering full replacement trac bars? Details please! I've been waiting on this.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_trac-bar.html
Here is the Front one. It will adjust down for the 2.5".

The rear will hopefully be online today. it will be $99

Unread 01-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #15
RCJEEP
Vendor

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
-You guys are finally offering full replacement trac bars? Details please! I've been waiting on this.
-Also, how do your quicker disco's compare to JKS quick disconnects? Any pics of RC discos mounted on a jeep?
-Furthermore, whom do you guys order your shocks from?
-Lastly, what do Jeeps running the RC 2.5" lift do for bump stops?

Our $49 are kinda basic, but they get the job done.

Well, from our tests. 2.5" with 31" tires can use the stock bump stops. The tire might rub a touch during extreme flex, but maximizes up-travel. Also, the 2.2 shocks have a jounce bumper to help protect it during a rough impact. It is difficult to include a 1 size fits all bumpstop extension, since there are so many different tire sizes run on this lift and combo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.