ZONE 4" vs ZONE 4.25 COMBO..???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ZONE 4" vs ZONE 4.25 COMBO..????

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-30-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
burks187
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ZONE 4" vs ZONE 4.25 COMBO..????

hey guys i've narrowed down my search to these two lifts...these lifts are going to go with my TJ with 35's...i really like the look of the 4 inch lift without the BL..not to fond of the look of BL's...but i've heard that the ride with the combo lift(3 inch lift with 1.25 BL) will be better for a daily driver...im not going to be able to get an SYE for a few months..so would i bet able to get away with the 4 inch for a while without an SYE..i'll be using a TC-drop and possibly even a MML...and would i be able to get away with using stock track bar's and steering rod's with these kits for a while??
im upgrading to 4.88's and my axle to chromoly and i know about all that...just curious on what y'all think about these two lifts??
thanks

burks187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i have the 3.5, I love it.
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #3
STIFLER
2005 LJ Wrangler 

depends on your plans... the 4" comes with control arms but they are fixed and just "OK". I think the 4.25" is more versatile. you could later pair it with control arms (adjustable) and the body lift will allow you to do things like use a tummy tuck (although not required by some manufacturers). ZONE is a reputable brand but you will get a slew of people telling you to wait, save, and spend $$$$$ on a lift. Like I said... depends on what you want to do with your rig.
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIFLER View Post
depends on your plans... the 4" comes with control arms but they are fixed and just "OK". I think the 4.25" is more versatile. you could later pair it with control arms (adjustable) and the body lift will allow you to do things like use a tummy tuck (although not required by some manufacturers). ZONE is a reputable brand but you will get a slew of people telling you to wait, save, and spend $$$$$ on a lift. Like I said... depends on what you want to do with your rig.
Agreed; the fixed lower arms on the 4" kit aren't really worth paying for. I ended up replacing mine after a year when the bushings were shot. If you're set on Zone I'd just go with the combo; at least then if you end up needing after market control arms you won't end up wasting money by replacing ones you previously bought. But like Stifler said it depends on what you do with your Jeep; if you aren't going to wheel at all then the lower fixed arms might hold up better.
geiman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:08 AM   #5
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burks187 View Post
hey guys i've narrowed down my search to these two lifts...these lifts are going to go with my TJ with 35's...i really like the look of the 4 inch lift without the BL..not to fond of the look of BL's...but i've heard that the ride with the combo lift(3 inch lift with 1.25 BL) will be better for a daily driver...im not going to be able to get an SYE for a few months..so would i bet able to get away with the 4 inch for a while without an SYE..i'll be using a TC-drop and possibly even a MML...and would i be able to get away with using stock track bar's and steering rod's with these kits for a while??
im upgrading to 4.88's and my axle to chromoly and i know about all that...just curious on what y'all think about these two lifts??
thanks
I prefer the 4.25" which uses the stock flexy control arms.The others don't flex well and can ruin the mounts.They are cheap (sometimes free) to replace if you bend one.I've installed many 4" RC lifts,including the one on my brother's willys edition Jeep that he has been riding on for the past few years.You can get away with a MML and 5/8"-3/4" t case drop for vibes.Re-drill the axle hole for the front track bar or buy an adjustable one.If you use a lock washer and keep it tight,it won't wallow out the hole.I did the same thing with my 05'.It had a 4" RC lift and no BL,but 33's.

TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
DerekXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just ordered the zone lift myself. 4.25 combo. Came with everything......shocks are actually much nicer than i suspected. I ordered the upgraded nitro shocks. Shipped for free, came in 2 days with a jeep forum discount. Quality of all the parts looks good to me. once i have my front diff geared, and install everything i will surely let you guys know what i think.
DerekXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The 4.25 combo kit is the better kit for the reasons the others mentioned.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
DerekXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
The 4.25 combo kit is the better kit for the reasons the others mentioned.
yes....This is what ive heard. I'm going to be running 33's and 373.s As i do ALOT of highway driving, yet also alot of winter driving and 99% of my summer is spent on the beach. MAYBE some trails here and there. For my purposes.....it was a no-brainer.
EXCELLENT customer service and response time might i add. I hope the kit is all ive heard it to be!
DerekXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
BadKarma1701
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the 4 inch lift, I love it and it drives great. It is kind of funny, when I was asking about the exact lifts almost a year ago, I was told to go with the 4 inch caues it was a true 4 inch lift. Also later I could put a 1 inch BL and make it a total 5 inch lift. Anyway if you contact the vender here you can get free shipping and that will save enough to get discos. Oh I was told to just go with the shocks that came with it and that the upgraded shock were alot stiffer. I am glad I listened...I saved money and the ride on the street.. well if it were any stiffer it would sucked.

"I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood and I'm damned sure going out the same way!"

Sienna Jeep Owners Member #56
BadKarma1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
BadKarma1701
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Still has the 31's on it but heres the 4 inch lift

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...type=3&theater
img_3799.jpg  

"I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood and I'm damned sure going out the same way!"

Sienna Jeep Owners Member #56
BadKarma1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #11
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma1701 View Post
I have the 4 inch lift, I love it and it drives great. It is kind of funny, when I was asking about the exact lifts almost a year ago, I was told to go with the 4 inch caues it was a true 4 inch lift...
That is not a good reason to choose the 4" kit.

Whoever told you that gave bad advice.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:05 AM   #12
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Personally, if you were going to end up getting different control arms later on, I would look at just getting something like the Curry/Savvy lift. I went with the Zone 3" and may be buying adjustables CAs next year. The Zone lift has been fine but If I had gone with the all inclusive lift in the first place it would have been cheaper in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman View Post
Agreed; the fixed lower arms on the 4" kit aren't really worth paying for. I ended up replacing mine after a year when the bushings were shot. If you're set on Zone I'd just go with the combo; at least then if you end up needing after market control arms you won't end up wasting money by replacing ones you previously bought. But like Stifler said it depends on what you do with your Jeep; if you aren't going to wheel at all then the lower fixed arms might hold up better.
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #13
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
Personally, if you were going to end up getting different control arms later on, I would look at just getting something like the Curry/Savvy lift. I went with the Zone 3" and may be buying adjustables CAs next year. The Zone lift has been fine but If I had gone with the all inclusive lift in the first place it would have been cheaper in the long run.
Couldn't agree more.
geiman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #14
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have the 4.25" lift with both the 1" MML and 3/4" TC drop + a few washers installed and still have slight vibes. In order to take the TC drop off I will need a SYE/CV driveshaft and adjustable rear upper control arms.
Cuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
FXSTCHEWY

2006 LJ Wrangler 

My Question is, at what point do the "fixed" arms cause problems? extreme rock crawling? driving down the street?

- Wannbe Old Guy Jeep Club Member
-06' Unlimited,3" BDS/Zone,American Eagle 185's,Cooper St's 33x12.5's,Ramsey 8.5,Tomken,Jeeperman,Warrior,Tuffy, Pioneer.
FXSTCHEWY is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.