Zone 3" Lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Zone 3" Lift

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 08-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
abelltj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i got the zone 3in kit...i love it. install went extremely smooth when i put it in like 2 months ago. no need for extended brake lines (at least on my jeep) the only thing i recommend is that you use strut compressors that you can rent from a local auto parts store. the ride is smooth and it seems to be made of quality parts. i'd say go for it its a quality lift. here is a pic.

jeep-1.jpg  
abelltj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #17
jerseyjeep22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

RC is what you would expect for the price. If at all possible, spend the money on the zone. I run an RC, and being an 18 year old kid, I worked with what I had. I like my set up, but obviously if I had had the money/choice, I would have went a different direction.
jerseyjeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #18
DstroyrOfWrldz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjeep22 View Post
RC is what you would expect for the price. If at all possible, spend the money on the zone. I run an RC, and being an 18 year old kid, I worked with what I had. I like my set up, but obviously if I had had the money/choice, I would have went a different direction.
definitely possible...for the RC kit I'd be looking at $299 for the suspension and another $115+ for body lift since the BL in the RC 3.25 kit isn't compatible with the 6 speed. Then I'd be getting an $18 rear track bar bracket. So I'd have $432 into the lift and still not have the extended sway bar links and bump stop extensions that come with the $459 Zone lift.

EDIT: I didn't consider the Jeepforum discount on the RC in those figures but still, the difference to me is worth it if I'm getting a better lift.

Not to mention I would save the install time for the body lift since I should be able to clear 33's with the Zone by itself.

So really, for me it makes sense.
Unread 08-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #19
jerseyjeep22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DstroyrOfWrldz View Post
definitely possible...for the RC kit I'd be looking at $299 for the suspension and another $115+ for body lift since the BL in the RC 3.25 kit isn't compatible with the 6 speed. Then I'd be getting an $18 rear track bar bracket. So I'd have $432 into the lift and still not have the extended sway bar links and bump stop extensions that come with the $459 Zone lift.

EDIT: I didn't consider the Jeepforum discount on the RC in those figures but still, the difference to me is worth it if I'm getting a better lift.

Not to mention I would save the install time for the body lift since I should be able to clear 33's with the Zone by itself.

You should be good with 33's on 3 inches. let us know how it works out
jerseyjeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #20
DstroyrOfWrldz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

yeah now I just gotta decide what tires and wheels I want.

I planned on Soft 8s with 4" backspacing and 33x12.5 duratracs but I really prefer the narrower tire look from 33x10.5 or 32x11.5, and duratracs don't come that size. i like the duratracs because they're more aggressive than most ATs but aren't so aggressive as to make a hellacious racket like an M/T.

I just need to look at more pictures I guess. I just dont want to have too much of the monster truck affect where the tires stick out way too far from the body.
Unread 08-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #21
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DstroyrOfWrldz View Post

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but Zone also has a 4.25" combo kit that includes their 3" suspension lift, a 1.25" body lift, and a motor mount lift.

You can clear 33s with just the 3" lift, but I think it looks and works a little better with the body lift too.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #22
GroceryGetter01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have run my zone lift for about 6 months and I love it!

Yellow Jeep Club Member #802
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Load up all the recovery gear!!!!
We're goin' to the "MALL"

-Jason
GroceryGetter01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #23
Rino1425
1993 YJ Wrangler 

When i do my lift, this is what i plan on getting.
Rino1425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #24
DstroyrOfWrldz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but Zone also has a 4.25" combo kit that includes their 3" suspension lift, a 1.25" body lift, and a motor mount lift.

You can clear 33s with just the 3" lift, but I think it looks and works a little better with the body lift too.
i agree it looks better, and I'll definitely do it, but I'll probably just wait and do it separately after a few months.

The LJ needs new tires pretty bad so I don't want to wait any longer than I have to, and I want to keep some money around for a new exhaust and a dyno tune on the Harley before I jump back into modding the Jeep again.
Unread 08-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #25
aspjeepguy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here are pictures of my 3" BDS with a 1.25" JKS BL

Oh and I am running the 255x85R16's on my stock moabs. They are 33" exactly.

aspjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #26
DstroyrOfWrldz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

finally got around to ordering the Zone 3" lift. Will order an adjustable front track bar too before installing, and probably drive around on the stock 30" tires for a week before installing the 33x10.5 KM2's.
Unread 10-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #27
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just to clairify Zone is NOT made by BDS Suspension they are different divisions of Truckmaster. They are however engineered by the same people, therefore the quality of BDS and Zone is pretty similar.
drewtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #28
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

if i knew what i know now i would have gotten 3" aev progressve coils and outffited all four corners with oem nitrochargers like what im doing now.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #29
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDJP44 View Post
if i knew what i know now i would have gotten 3" aev progressve coils and outffited all four corners with oem nitrochargers like what im doing now.
AEV is one of the best companies in the business but their coils are a bit pricey at about 350 for a set, not including anything else, but like I said they are one of the best.
drewtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #30
DstroyrOfWrldz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

finally got around to installing the lift.

Somehow I ended up with fine thread 10mm nuts for the stud on the top of the front shocks, but the thread on the stud is 3/8"-24. At first I thought it was the paint galling up in the threads but I ran a die over the them to clean them up and the nuts still wouldn't go on so I made a run to the parts store.

Everything else with the kit worked out, though my Jeep didn't wish to cooperate. The upper stud on the old front shocks had to be cut off with an acetylene torch, and three of the four upper shock mount bolts in the rear broke off. Tomorrows task is breaking the tack welds on the nuts, cutting an access hole in the floor and installing new nuts and bolts to mount it. Then probably mount my Currie front track bar and do a garage alignment.

Here it is with the stock tires. Hopefully I'll be able to get the tires mounted next week.

Tags
suspension lift , zone , 3"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.