Zone 3" Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Zone 3" Lift

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 07-31-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
DstroyrOfWrldz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Zone 3" Lift

3" TJ Suspension System

searched this place for a couple weeks and seen a few recommendations based on Zone being made by the same folks as BDS but haven't found a lot of people that actually have installed one and have anything to say about it.

Complicating the situation is this is my first Jeep and the amount of info on this forum is almost overwhelming. Not totally clear on what extras I'll need on top of what's in the kit, like brake lines, adjustable track bars, etc. Then I read about track bars hitting diff covers.

Unread 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
SugarBear
1969 CJ5 

Go with a Rough Country 3" Lift. It'll be cheaper than that, and you'll have a JF discount. You won't need tracbars or brakelines, just a TC drop and MML if you have any vibes.
Unread 07-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's a complete kit with extended sway bar end links and all.I'd still do an MML and less t case drop(if needed).I always go with RC,but might try that in the future to compare the two.Just for reference.RC 3.25" lift/1" BL/MML(with 35's).Rear track bar relocation bracket($18),redrilled the front track bar hole(instead of buying an adjustable front track bar).You don't need extended brake lines and front disconnects are inexpensive at RC.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
stevefarling
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm new and dumb! What's an MML?
stevefarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefarling View Post
I'm new and dumb! What's an MML?
You're learning,not dumb.It's a motor mount lift that does almost the same as a t case drop that comes with most lift kits.It lifts the motor that tilts the driveshaft downward and almost equals dropping the transfer case to align the driveshafts and stop vibrations that mess up your U-joints.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2010, 01:15 PM   #6
SugarBear
1969 CJ5 

Motor Mount Lift. When you get a lift, it changes the angle of the driveshafts, and a MML will fix that
Unread 07-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

motor mount lift around 1 inch

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
DstroyrOfWrldz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBear View Post
Go with a Rough Country 3" Lift. It'll be cheaper than that, and you'll have a JF discount. You won't need tracbars or brakelines, just a TC drop and MML if you have any vibes.
there doesn't appear to be one that's 3" even...you talking about the 2.5" suspension with 1.25" body lift or the 2.5" springs with the 3/4" spring spacers? The one with the body lift says it doesn't fit 05-06 models with 6 speed manual trans, doesn't tell me why though.

Eventually I'll do a MML but for the time being I'll just use the included t-case drop.
Unread 07-31-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
DstroyrOfWrldz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

oh and the idea is to fit 33" x 12.50R15 Duratracs on wheels with 4" backspacing.

I suppose I could do one of the folowing:

RC 3.25 spring/spacer combo for $369.
RC 2.5" suspension lift, sway disconnects, and 1-1/4" BL from another manufacturer for about $500.

Anybody know why RC says their 1.25" BL won't work on 6 speed manual TJ's but they have 2" and 3" kits that do? What's different about their kit that other companies kits seem to work?

Last edited by DstroyrOfWrldz; 07-31-2010 at 05:14 PM..
DstroyrOfWrldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
Whobeme
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm running the Zone 4" lift kit. It came with everything needed to lift my LJ. I've had two BDS lifts and now the Zone. The Zone kit is just as nice and rides just as good. I'll be buying another Zone kit for my wife's Jeep when the time comes.
Whobeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #11
aspjeepguy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I almost bought the Zone Lift but I ended up getting the 3" BDS. The last time I cheaped out on on a lift I regretted it for 4 years. My 3" BDS which is probably very similar to the 3" Zone rides like a dream.

Johnny
aspjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
srlbotanical
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspjeepguy View Post
I almost bought the Zone Lift but I ended up getting the 3" BDS. The last time I cheaped out on on a lift I regretted it for 4 years. My 3" BDS which is probably very similar to the 3" Zone rides like a dream.

Johnny
Zone is made by BDS... They are both based out of Coldwater, MI.

HIGHER POWERED!!
srlbotanical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #13
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBear View Post
Cheaper isn't always better. Zone and BDS are way better quality than RC.

OP: The Zone 3 inch is a good kit. PM grocerygetter01 on here about it, he runs it with a set of 32s.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #14
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I helped a friend put a 3" Zone kit on his TJ 3-4 months ago and it turned out pretty nice.

It rides great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srlbotanical View Post
Zone is made by BDS... They are both based out of Coldwater, MI.
Zone and BDS have common ownership.

The manufacturers of their parts are the same in some cases, and in other cases they are different.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #15
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
That's a complete kit with extended sway bar end links and all.I'd still do an MML and less t case drop(if needed).I always go with RC,but might try that in the future to compare the two.Just for reference.RC 3.25" lift/1" BL/MML(with 35's).Rear track bar relocation bracket($18),redrilled the front track bar hole(instead of buying an adjustable front track bar).You don't need extended brake lines and front disconnects are inexpensive at RC.
boogie, where did you get your jeepaholics windshield banner at????? i like it much!

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension lift , zone , 3"

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.