ZJ tie-rod swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ZJ tie-rod swap

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
cwdrlove
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Which Stabilizer with ZJ tie-rod swap?

I'm doing the swap today to the heavy duty Moog parts. I am also replacing my factory steering stabilizer with a Rancho 5000. What I'm wondering is, am I right that I need to get the SS for the ZJ? They have different part numbers, RS-5401 for the ZJ and RS-5407 for the TJ.

Last edited by cwdrlove; 08-01-2010 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: Unclear title
cwdrlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
cpleasant
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Your ss doesn't hook to the tie rod, it hooks to the drag link. Nothing is changed with the drag link setup. The ss should be the same. I have a ZJ tie rod with the stock ss.
I know your rite I seid the dealer seid the same thing as you and that I don't want them there , but I was asking another qeustin as in what do I do about the slots in the brackets couse if I just put a bolt in there it will slide back and fourth but again thank you all knowing and powerfull jeep god sorry us lesser jeep peeons might have some more qeustins in the future , so please if there to much for you sit back relax go to the next post
cpleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
cwdrlove
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpleasant View Post
Your ss doesn't hook to the tie rod, it hooks to the drag link. Nothing is changed with the drag link setup. The ss should be the same. I have a ZJ tie rod with the stock ss.
Right you are, thanks for getting me back in line! It must have been the dang warning message that popped up on Advance Auto's website when I was checking parts availability. "Warning, this part will not fit your 1998 Jeep Grand"...etc, etc.

Tags
zj , tie rod , swap

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.