A to Z Rocker Guards Vs. Rokmen Rocker Guards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A to Z Rocker Guards Vs. Rokmen Rocker Guards

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A to Z Rocker Guards Vs. Rokmen Rocker Guards

Rokmen makes an awesome product, I know that, A to Z looks like they do too. I'd like to hear from people who have one or the other brand and what they think of them. I'm looking at the Guards with the tubular rails.

I like how the Rokmen's go all the way to the wheel wells, I haven't seen enough pics of the A to Z's to see how they look in comparison to the Rokmen.

Of course it's important that they're functional.

So it would be cool to see some pics, I'd really like to see how both look from undernieth and the side. Thanks in advance everyone!!

Dana 44 Rear, 3.73 Gears, 4" ProComp Lift w/ Daystar 1 3/4" Spacer in front, Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects, 33"x12.50" Pro Comp Xtreme M/T, R.C. Adj. Front Track Bar, RR 1/4" CA Mounts, Front Aussie Locker, Front/Rear Riddlers, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, Rokmen Power Steering Skid, Rusty's Radiator Skid, Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper, Rokmen Mercenary Rocker Guards, Warn Engine/Oil Pan Skid, Tuff Designs Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper, Warn M8000 Winch, IPF H4 Headlight conversion w/ IPF Fatboy X55 bulbs
[U]Waiting to be installed:[/U]
*Rusty's Steering Box Support Brace
willhbauto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
pushead

Well I can tell you my initial thoughts of the atoz guards. I just installed them on my yj saturday. They do go from well to well. I just and to take a few screws out of the flares and slide the rockers behind them. Mine are dplate with the steps. The steps are very nice. I really like the atoz cut out plate they inserted between the bar and the step. This gives you a nice support area without the fear of your foot going threw. The construction is very clean and the powdercoating looked good as well. Installtion was very easy. The instructions did not leave any thing out. Not much more I can say at the moment havent field tested them yet. But they look tough.
Unread 03-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks a bunch! Any pics??
Dana 44 Rear, 3.73 Gears, 4" ProComp Lift w/ Daystar 1 3/4" Spacer in front, Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects, 33"x12.50" Pro Comp Xtreme M/T, R.C. Adj. Front Track Bar, RR 1/4" CA Mounts, Front Aussie Locker, Front/Rear Riddlers, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, Rokmen Power Steering Skid, Rusty's Radiator Skid, Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper, Rokmen Mercenary Rocker Guards, Warn Engine/Oil Pan Skid, Tuff Designs Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper, Warn M8000 Winch, IPF H4 Headlight conversion w/ IPF Fatboy X55 bulbs
Unread 03-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
BskisTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some of mine.

To come Skid Row engine skid.
BskisTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
ptowntj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

AtoZ is cool, but rokmen has no logos...and i like that. The guys at rokmen are very friendly...I placed an order a few weeks ago and talked jeeps with the gentlemen for 45 minutes or so...I felt very good about my purchase.

I don't have my sliders yet, but i have the corners, and the quality is top notch.
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptowntj View Post
AtoZ is cool, but rokmen has no logos...and i like that. The guys at rokmen are very friendly...I placed an order a few weeks ago and talked jeeps with the gentlemen for 45 minutes or so...I felt very good about my purchase.

I don't have my sliders yet, but i have the corners, and the quality is top notch.
You must have talked to Dave, he's as awesome guy and one hell of a talker (our conversation earlier today was atleast 45 minutes long, and all about how he loves jeep life and making parts for them), I can tell just buy our phone conversations, he's really passionate about his stuff, he won't build if it's not the best.

I'm allready sold on there product, I just need to talk myself into spending the extra dough, really I wanted to hear from someone that the A to Z's are as good, and I'm not taking away from them, they also build nice stuff, but I know they're not.
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #7
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I believe that everyone will say "this is better ---that is better" but the end result is what every you feel comfortable buy and installing on your Jeep. Name brands don't always mean better. Find something that you like and with a good price...
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #8
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4grey88 View Post
I believe that everyone will say "this is better ---that is better" but the end result is what every you feel comfortable buy and installing on your Jeep. Name brands don't always mean better. Find something that you like and with a good price...
Yeah, but some brands build better looking, better fitting, stronger stuff, usually with quality, cost goes up, but Rokmen has good compromise I think.
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #9
Andrew F
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I have the Rokmen sliders, and the devil is details. They do an awesome job welding spacers onto the top of the slider that sit up inside the recessed portions of the tub. They do cost a little more, but I have never once regretted spending the extra money on them. Call and talk to Dave about them, you will see that the product is backed by a very enthusiastic, helpful guy. Also, the slider is not bent with a 90 degree, but the figment actually forms with the tub with two angles that are approximately 45 degrees each. I spent a lot of time going over slider before I purchased mine, and I really feel they are a superior product.
4.88, Lock Right F/R
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club Member #347[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Andrew F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #10
ptowntj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Is the rokmen that much more moeny...I just bought them knowing they were great and thought they were very reasonably priced. I even got the support pieces that go behinf the sliders
Unread 03-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #11
alvinl
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I installed my Rokmen sliders on Sunday. They are very good quality and their instructions were pretty good. I also bought the internal reinforcements for an added piece of mind. The install is long because of the fitting and measuring to make sure you drill in the right place. But the fit is absolutely perfect. I installed them by myself, but I would recommend getting a buddy to help.
alvinl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 07:28 AM   #12
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've got AtoZ Fab rockers and Zach is an amazing guy! I've hit them on rocks, trees, and anything else that was in the way at the time. Mine don't go wheel well to wheel well (mine are older, his new ones might have changed). I also got the internal brace as well. Never had any problem at all!
HP30 and 8.8 w/ lockers
UTWeezul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #13
ThUmPeRcOn
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Ditto I am about to purchase some sliders but do not want "logo' cutouts I am also looking @ TNT as well as others I don't have to get in a hurry I want w-w coverage and no logo w/ a step I would like to see some more pics of what people here are running.
Unread 03-04-2008, 07:52 AM   #14
ThUmPeRcOn
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Ditto I am about to purchase some sliders but do not want "logo' cutouts I am also looking @ TNT as well as others I don't have to get in a hurry I want w-w coverage and no logo w/ a step I would like to see some more pics of what people here are running. P.s. I wish we had more Aluminum options as well.
Unread 03-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #15
SeanCucf
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You can get the A to Z well-to-well rockers, BUT you have to CALL and ask for them.

The standard ones he has on his site are not the well-to-well rockers. I called and spoke with Zach to get mine. He asks a few questions to get the right fit for you.

They are very well made, have the same spacer on the bottom (you'll see) just like stated above. I like the logo plate, and even if I didn't I could just cover it with some grip tape or something similar.

Get whichever you like most. There are tons of rocker guards, from multiple different companies, which all work great.

I also HIGHLY recommend getting a buddy to help you with the install of whichever you choose.
SeanCucf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.