Your lift opinion ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Your lift opinion ?

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
Mymachine
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Your lift opinion ?

Hi I'm new to the forum and jeeps

Sorry if this thread exists

Bought a 99 Sahara tj a couple weeks ago fixed the rust and changed all the oils. I think I'm ready for a lift and some tires

I'm looking for about a 3"-4" suspension lift. But I don't really want to get myself into a mess of changing the driveline and such.

What do you think would be a good complete lift for me.

Thanks-jesse

Mymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

There has to be at least a thousand of these threads, actually. Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There are a ton of decent lifts. You need to decide what you expect to get out of/ do with your Jeep. Then you need to search and read. Then you need to devise a total build plan.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Probably over a 2" spring lift you will need to address driveline vibes. So, like me you can do a 2" spring lift and a 1" body lift to clear 33" tires. That is the easiest way to go.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
Mymachine
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Is there a thread where people say exactly there build plan? And what they got out of it?
If you guys could link me some that would be great
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
MotoSoul
Just add Dump Truck

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You should come down to Newmarket on a Tuesday night just after 8pm to the local coffee meet. It's at the Tim horton's on Mulock by the Magna center. This way you can take a look at some Jeeps in person and decide on what you want to do after talking to some like minded people.
I like the arms, they are a good solution, but they really aren't worth the effort for the average person and you already see the BS that goes on over bushings VS JJ's, the crap that would go on over J arms would be epic.
MotoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoSoul View Post
the local coffee meet.
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
26679cj5
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you aren't wanting to do drive line stuff right now, the best way to go would to be to get some high clearance fenders. Metal cloak is a good place to start looking.
26679cj5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #10
MotoSoul
Just add Dump Truck

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I know boogieman you scare everyone away, so you can't come. It's much easier to explain things in person or over a phone then listen to people moan about "google search" over and over again on a forum lol.
I like the arms, they are a good solution, but they really aren't worth the effort for the average person and you already see the BS that goes on over bushings VS JJ's, the crap that would go on over J arms would be epic.
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
Mymachine
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Motosoul. I know the spot I will be there either this Tuesday or the one after. Thanks everyone for your input
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I know boogieman you scare everyone away, so you can't come.
I just wanted to know what a "coffee meet "was.Is it like a US "beer run" with no beer?
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
MotoSoul
Just add Dump Truck

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sort of the same, but it isn't uncommon for there to be the wives and kids around at these meets. I suppose if your comparing US beer to coffee the buzz you get off of one or two is going to be the same

Beer and wing nights are usually scheduled on a different day of the week every once and a while.

It's just an excuse for a meeting spot to shoot the breeze and talk about the weekends upgrades or broken parts out wheeling.
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #14
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sort of the same, but it isn't uncommon for there to be the wives and kids around at these meets. I suppose if your comparing US beer to coffee the buzz you get off of one or two is going to be the same

Beer and wing nights are usually scheduled on a different day of the week every once and a while.

It's just an excuse for a meeting spot to shoot the breeze and talk about the weekends upgrades or broken parts out wheeling.
That makes me want to meet all of Canadian relatives.My dad is Canadian French and all my relatives are Gevrys and Ladeaux (sp?).
Unread 05-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Don't know what size tires you're wanting, but for reference here's mine. 2" BDS lift, jks 1.25" body lift and 33s.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.