Yoke and seal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Yoke and seal

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-26-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
wheelinman03

Yoke and seal

When installing a new yoke in the rear diff should a new pinion seal be used even if the old one's good???

98 TJ- Kilby gastank/ steering box skids, Sky jacker high clearance tcace skid, 1'' BL, M.O.R.E. 1" MM's, Poison spyder rocker guards and sport cage, Warn XD9000i on A to Z fab Winch plate, RE 2" BB, Nth Diff slider, Quick disco's, PSC Rock Ring, JB Conversions Super short SYE kit, and a burly CV Drive shaft.

LOTS more to come

I wave, Do you?
wheelinman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

No need to replace the seal if it's not leaking and you're just replacing the yoke. The yoke can be replaced without touching the seal.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
wheelinman03

Thanks jerry! I'm gonna go back to puttin it all back together now.... I had a u-joint blow up and it destroyed my yoke... FUN...
98 TJ- Kilby gastank/ steering box skids, Sky jacker high clearance tcace skid, 1'' BL, M.O.R.E. 1" MM's, Poison spyder rocker guards and sport cage, Warn XD9000i on A to Z fab Winch plate, RE 2" BB, Nth Diff slider, Quick disco's, PSC Rock Ring, JB Conversions Super short SYE kit, and a burly CV Drive shaft.

LOTS more to come

I wave, Do you?
wheelinman03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.