yj hood, grill and fenders on lj? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > yj hood, grill and fenders on lj?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #16
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Theres a guy running around my neighbor hood with a YJ front end on his TJ. I asked him about it and he kinda gave me a blank stare.

Unread 08-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #17
sprowley
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It should be pretty easy. The fenders and grille will *almost* bolt right up. The grille should. The fenders might have to have new holes drilled but they should be about the same dimensions.

The hood as others have stated is the issue. a YJ hood will fit the TJ grille fine, and vice versa, so no worries there. The YJ and TJ cowl curves are different so the hoods don't look great on the opposite model. This does mean though that you could use a TJ hood with the YJ fenders and grille with little to no issue.

97 TJ Sport black on black with MT/R Kevlars and lots of new parts coming!

Canon EOS-1D Mark III, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon EF 17-35/2.8L USM, Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX USM

My Fuelly page (fuel economy and usage tracking)
sprowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #18
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
The time space continuum will fall apart if you build such an abomination.
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yj , lj , wrangler , hood , fender , grill , swap , fit , install

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.