Yellow TJ - Black Monstaliner Results - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Yellow TJ - Black Monstaliner Results

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 06-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
jugglesavant
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yellow TJ - Black Monstaliner Results

Just wanted to post up some pictures of the install! Just finished it up.

A few thoughts.

I really like the product thus far, however, make sure to check the kit for completeness! My kit was missing any and all instructions. Yes, sure I can get them online, but I don't have a printer at home and this was a complete hassle!! Not impressed with that... It also does not come with the roller pan as referenced in the instructions online, that is only the 2 gallon kit, so make sre you get one of those too! (/rant)

Product went on nicely, not to thick, slightly drippy on the first coat.
I took the tape off right after the second coat, took a little getting used to. I recommend getting ahead of where you are pulling it off and making sure you go slowly, at an acute angle to the jeep.

Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

jugglesavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
ctappan94
1983 CJ7 

looks great! Just wondering though, did you have any issues with texture consistency? The instructions say lay it on thick, but when i did, it got VERY drippy and looks like crap. I should have done it thin, but in some spots, mine is smooth, almost so smooth it looks like normal paint. But in other areas, it's so rough it hurts. It doesn't look professional AT ALL and I did all the prep, taping off, etc. How was yours?
ctappan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
jugglesavant
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i'm not sure yet about that yet, still hasn't dried. it looks very consistent, but only time will tell.
jugglesavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Consistency is a matter of proper application.

(Mine didn't come out 'to bad' except where I tried to touch up just a couple areas without doing a whole coat. Those are noticeable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monstaliner

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.