Xenon flat flares and 35s? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Xenon flat flares and 35s?

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
Thrust
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Xenon flat flares and 35s?

Will the extra clearance provided with the Xenon's allow me to run 35s on an LJ w/ 2.5" RC + 1.25" BL?

I'm in the process of upgrading (gears, lockers, brakes, tie rod, etc) and I'm trying to determine the feasibility of Xenons compared to the, much nicer (albeit more expensive), Metal Cloaks.

TIA!

Unread 07-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Caribic-TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, if you extend your bumpstops enough, but by doing this you will have less suspension travel compared to a 4" suspension lift, limiting your off road fun.

Last edited by Caribic-TJ; 07-28-2010 at 03:24 PM..
Caribic-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Xenon flat flares do not add any clearance. They just open up what you already have.
Unread 07-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
daveshan
Feeding the money pits

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Xenons =/= Metalcloaks. I've been running Xenons since they first came out on my TJ with 4" Currie springs and a 1.25" BL from JKS and have rubbing issues under full compression.

The Xenons do not give more clearance where the flares bolt to the fender, they do out at the edges but not where the metal hangs down so you have a place to attach the flare. You will hit your tires a lot with only 2.5".

'01 TJ Sahara
'98 XJ Sport
'00 XJ Wife's ride
Gone but not forgotten
'56CJ, '61 Wagon, '51 Pickup, '07 JK 4dr

daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Thrust
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. Looks like I might have to source a new lift, too

Tags
xenon , flares , flat , 35" tires , 2.5" lift , clearance

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.