Xenon flat flares and 35s? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Thrust
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Xenon flat flares and 35s?

Will the extra clearance provided with the Xenon's allow me to run 35s on an LJ w/ 2.5" RC + 1.25" BL?

I'm in the process of upgrading (gears, lockers, brakes, tie rod, etc) and I'm trying to determine the feasibility of Xenons compared to the, much nicer (albeit more expensive), Metal Cloaks.

TIA!

Prior to the lift, a TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick. After the lift it has the aerodynamics of a brick 2.5 inches higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Caribic-TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, if you extend your bumpstops enough, but by doing this you will have less suspension travel compared to a 4" suspension lift, limiting your off road fun.

Last edited by Caribic-TJ; 07-28-2010 at 04:24 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Xenon flat flares do not add any clearance. They just open up what you already have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 04:04 PM
daveshan
Feeding the money pits

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Xenons =/= Metalcloaks. I've been running Xenons since they first came out on my TJ with 4" Currie springs and a 1.25" BL from JKS and have rubbing issues under full compression.

The Xenons do not give more clearance where the flares bolt to the fender, they do out at the edges but not where the metal hangs down so you have a place to attach the flare. You will hit your tires a lot with only 2.5".

Dave Shannon
Durango, CO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gone but not forgotten
'56CJ, '61 Wagon, '51 Pickup, '07 JK 4dr

post #5 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Thrust
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. Looks like I might have to source a new lift, too

Prior to the lift, a TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick. After the lift it has the aerodynamics of a brick 2.5 inches higher.

Tags
xenon , flares , flat , 35" tires , 2.5" lift , clearance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.