Xenon flat flare installtion ???'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Xenon flat flare installtion ???'s

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
01amberfirewv
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Xenon flat flare installtion ???'s

I have the rear inner gaurd off and all but the bottom two bolts out. Both of those seem to be turning on the inside. I can get to the back of the rear bolt but not the front. How do you remove it?

Unread 09-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I held mine with needle nose pliers while turning it.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
01amberfirewv
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboogieman View Post
I held mine with needle nose pliers while turning it.
What about the front one? I can't seem to get to it
Unread 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
XXRider
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I could get to all the nuts on the back but I had to pull the plastic in the wheel well down first.
XXRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
01amberfirewv
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXRider View Post
I could get to all the nuts on the back but I had to pull the plastic in the wheel well down first.

Its already out. I am thinking about just cutting the bolts out and using some metal screws to hold the new flares in. I am not sure thats even going to work
Unread 09-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

nut & bolt or get some nutserts from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
dirtball28
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had to pry a few of mine out (pried out the nutserts) when I put on some crappy smittybilt flares. Once the smittybilts fell apart I decided on the flat xenons'. Since the holes that held the screws and nutserts that I pried out are now distorted due to prying out the old screws, the hardware would no longer fit the holes. For these I used drywall anchors, appropriately sized screws and some washers. Works good, cheap and easy. I also heard rubber well nuts work well but couldn't find any of those.

Of course if you just put a little pressure on them you should be able to get it out of the nutsert easily and wouldn't have to worry about any of that.
dirtball28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2008, 06:49 AM   #8
01amberfirewv
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtball28 View Post

Of course if you just put a little pressure on them you should be able to get it out of the nutsert easily and wouldn't have to worry about any of that.
Already tried that

I may have to go with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtball28 View Post
I had to pry a few of mine out (pried out the nutserts) when I put on some crappy smittybilt flares. Once the smittybilts fell apart I decided on the flat xenons'. Since the holes that held the screws and nutserts that I pried out are now distorted due to prying out the old screws, the hardware would no longer fit the holes. For these I used drywall anchors, appropriately sized screws and some washers. Works good, cheap and easy. I also heard rubber well nuts work well but couldn't find any of those.
I just need to decide which is going to do the most damage
Unread 09-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #9
ptowntj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm glad that I read this...the front of the rear wheelwheel seems that that you can't access it without drilling a hole to get a nut behind hit...the drywall deals seem like a good idea (better that my flares flapping everywhere).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.