Xenon Flat Flare Install..Little Help Please!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Xenon Flat Flare Install..Little Help Please!!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
finsout
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Xenon Flat Flare Install..Little Help Please!!

Started mounting these last night before the storm hit but ran into 2 problems so I put the factory flares back on. The light actually wasn't too bad but i ran into fit problems with the fronts. When I test fitted, there was a gap on the top of the flares where about a 1/4 to half inch opening existed between the top of the flare and the fender at the flat part of the flare. Has anybody else experienced this and what did you do about it?

I really don't want to pay close to 500 bucks for flares and have an open gap at the top.

Also. with the mounting bolts for the fronts, did you have to drill out the factory holes to get Xenon's hardware to fit? Specifically, the bolts they sent that go through the stiffening plate,flare and body are too big for the existing holes in the fender.

Thanks in advance since the reply I got from Xenon was "Uhhhhhh. I don't know dude. the instructions say they should fit'.

finsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
jbramble24
1984 CJ7 

I had some pretty bad gaps with a set of the 4" flares. Soft material and it looked like somebody beveled the edge of the back of the flares by removing too much excess material. Had them on about a week and it had already trapped way too much dirt. Xenon replaced them without too much trouble but I decided to just get a set of rubi flares and sold the new set of xenons. All the holes lined up fine but I don't think mine had any sort of stiffening plate. Call xenon back. They were very helpful to me.
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Are they cold? Like the instructions say they can warp during shipping so you might need to leave them in front of a heater to soften up to go back into there normal form. If it's not that then send them back and get another set.
Benderff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
kuebelwagen
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bushwacker Flat Flares! went on easy, look great. great quality.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

2004 Rubicon
1995 Cherokee
kuebelwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 07:43 AM   #5
finsout
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I took your advise and called quadratec. they were great. didn't give me any hassle and swapped them out for bushwacker flats. should be here in a week.

I have to add that personally I would stay away from the Xenons. Not only did the flares not fit correctly, I had a number of screws missing and the mounting bolts were not the correct size. for that price, I would expect better.

Last edited by finsout; 02-08-2010 at 12:05 PM..
finsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glad it worked out. Sounds like you had the wrong flares maybe YJs?
Benderff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.