wrong windshield header...anyone point me the right way? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > wrong windshield header...anyone point me the right way?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

wrong windshield header...anyone point me the right way?

Over the winter I picked up a OEM Jeep bikini/windjammer/tonneau, and it was missing the header.

I figured since Bestop makes the OEM stuff, a Bestop header would be sufficient. Put it together and tried to put the top on, but no pleasure was had...

the OEM bikini I have has the kind of round pipe that needs to fit in a round channel, but the bestop has a flat slot. I am having some difficulty finding what I am looking for...additionally, the drill style headers I see are only for up to '02. Mine is a '04.

I don't have any problem using a no drill header, just need the right apparatus to fit the OEM Bikini.

To further piss me off, my buddy is loaning me his OEM bikini, and it has the big clip on header like what comes on the soft top...I guess that's what I thought I was getting when I bought an OEM bikini.

I don't know what gives with all that, I'm over it, just want to make it work.

SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

After some more searching, it looks like I'm screwed. Thanks again CL. Maybe I'll try and list/dump this off on some other chump.
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
peter7675
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i just sold one on cl my self.. mine was an oem bikini however it did not need a header, it clamped in the door surrounds and strap it down. my jeep is a 99 so good change it has changed since
peter7675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter7675 View Post
i just sold one on cl my self.. mine was an oem bikini however it did not need a header, it clamped in the door surrounds and strap it down. my jeep is a 99 so good change it has changed since
Nice. Yes the "loaner" I have is like that, yes there was a change when they changed the speaker pods. I guess I originally assumed all OEM would be made to fit that type of clamping header. Only thing I don't like about is it doesn't stow as well. I ended up finding the right drill style for my OEM, just haven't got round to putting it on yet. I learned a LOT about bikini tops and headers.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.