Wrap Around Windjammer? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wrap Around Windjammer?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #31
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87 View Post
I love mine but agree with OP about needing snaps where the safari or bikini meets the jammer.
As to your issues.

The rollbar strap on the duster are actually to be used with the factory softop hardware in place. If you notice in the rear corners the duster collapses in to the tub corners because they do not have the hardware there for support.

For your second problem you might not have the jammer pulled down tight enough to the floor for the duster to snap to it. I have 2 military ALICE bags on my back seat folded and can still snap my duster to the jammer.

As for your sight issue I can't help you there as I have no problem seeing out of mine. I have always leaned more to the passenger side to look out the back and use my mirror with a blind spot one as well.

I will take pictures tomorrow of mine and post them. The only one I have now is not a very detailed one.

When did you buy yours? It's possible that the issues mentioned have been addressed by Bestop in the year that's passed since the post you quoted was made. This thread was revived by a spammer or other trolling type

[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #32
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
When did you buy yours? It's possible that the issues mentioned have been addressed by Bestop in the year that's passed since the post you quoted was made. This thread was revived by a spammer or other trolling type
Yeah I guess I should have looked at the dates I keep doing that
I got mine in March of this year though but they may make 2 versions of the jammer I am not sure.

I went to the 4wheel shop here in Jax and the one he pulled up was for use with the factory soft top hardware in place.

I know Bestop does make a 3 section cover that is 1 or 2 pieces with the duster and jammer as 1 piece or it could be all 3 as 1 unit but over $500 I can get a full top....
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #33
F9K9

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Instead of starting another thread, I thought that I would bring this one back. I'm running a safari top and a duster. I'm also running a Rockhard harness bar that is similar to this one that I "borrowed".

It leaves gaps, even larger than a regular TJ windjammer, because it is located farther to the rear and the Windjammer has to bend around it. It is also creates a minor PITA with my Carbeau retractable seat harness. The JKs are wider and I am wondering if. a JK windjammer might close those gaps up a little. I know that I will still have gaps but, I am only wanting to close them up a tad. I ran this entire warm season without a windjammer and can live with how I handled it. Just very curious if, anyone has tried using a JK windjammer on a TJ.

'03 Rubicon w/a few changes.
F9K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #34
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F9K9 View Post
Instead of starting another thread, I thought that I would bring this one back. I'm running a safari top and a duster. I'm also running a Rockhard harness bar that is similar to this one that I "borrowed".

It leaves gaps, even larger than a regular TJ windjammer, because it is located farther to the rear and the Windjammer has to bend around it. It is also creates a minor PITA with my Carbeau retractable seat harness. The JKs are wider and I am wondering if. a JK windjammer might close those gaps up a little. I know that I will still have gaps but, I am only wanting to close them up a tad. I ran this entire warm season without a windjammer and can live with how I handled it. Just very curious if, anyone has tried using a JK windjammer on a TJ.
You could maybe post over in the JK section and get someone to take measurements of one, that could help. Good luck
jeepwrangler97 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bestop , windjammer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.