Wrangler Sahara Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wrangler Sahara Question

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
jingle89
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wrangler Sahara Question

Hello, everyone! This would be my first post to the Jeep forum! I've always been fond of Jeep ever since my father taught me how to drive his old CJ6 when I was "growing up", and I've tried to keep a Jeep around ever since.

This is one that is beyond my knowledge, so I came to the experts:

I recently purchased a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - real nice shape with only 59k and got a great deal. It has about a 3" lift on it, which is fine, and frankly I would rather not have a lift on it since it's my daily driver. But, when I spoke with the man he said that it was a factory-installed lift. Now, I have never owned a Sahara, only four-banger stick Sports and the like, so I never really investigated them much. It's on its third owner, and I'm not sure if he's telling the truth, just doesn't know what he's talking about, or blowing smoke up my...

Thanks for any information you can provide!

jingle89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as "factory-installed lift." It well could have been installed by the dealer, though. be sure to check out the stickies at the top of this forum, including stock-tj-specifications
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
redjeep1992
2004 TJ Wrangler 

NO jeep came with a factory lift the guy is just BSing you the only one that I know that has a little lift was the rubicons i think they are about an inch or 2 higher than stock altho i'm not 100% sure about im sure someone that has a rubicon will be able to correct this if im wrong but it wasnt available for ur year they came out in 2003 so hope this helps
redjeep1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the Jeep family, and to the Forum!! Don't forget to

There were no factory lift kits. There might have been Dealer installed lift kits. The Sahara is a trim package, The 4.0L was included, but the Sahara package mainly deals with color of fender flare, material on seats, etc., etc.,.

What kind of lift kit is on your Jeep? Body or suspension?
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
jingle89
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I peaked underneath it and it really just looks like spacers in the springs. When I first heard this I contested it also, because I never heard of such a thing. I knew the Sahara's were basically just body moldings and a nice interior, but no more than that.

But does anyone know if there were any dealer-installed lift kits? I'll look and see if I can find a brand anywhere...

Last edited by jingle89; 07-16-2011 at 04:36 PM..
Unread 07-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingle89 View Post
I peaked underneath it and it really just looks like spacers in the springs. When I first heard this I contested it also, because I never heard of such a thing. I knew the Sahara's were basically just body moldings and a nice interior, but no more than that.

But does anyone know if there were any dealer-installed lift kits? I'll look and see if I can find a brand anywhere...
Must not be a 3 inch lift, unless he is also counting lift from going with bigger tires.
Unread 07-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

RUBICON DID "NOT" COME WITH A LIFT!! Stiffer rate spring only.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
jingle89
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Must not be a 3 inch lift, unless he is also counting lift from going with bigger tires.
Sorry, let me clear it up. In the simplest of ways, it looks more or less like a big piece of rubber where the springs mount to the chassis.
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry, let me clear it up. In the simplest of ways, it looks more or less like a big piece of rubber where the springs mount to the chassis.
Correct,,,, large doughnut shaped rings that fit on top of springs,, not pucks that fit between tub and frame rails. I have never seen a spacer that goes on top of a spring that was 3 inches.... usally 1.5 inch, maybe 2 inch is about it. Then you could pick up an additional 0.05 inch to 1 inch of ground clearence from larger tires that spacers allow you to run.
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
drknow90rs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Many dealers installed aftermarket lift kits. It's really popular and helps them sell... Sounds like you have a "Budget boost". My '01 TJ Sport has had a 1.75" BB for over 8 years and I have had no problems with it. I wouldnt worry about it, as long as they dont appear to be cracking or disintegrating.
drknow90rs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
mdskier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

People are always confusing Factory installed with dealer installed.
mdskier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #12
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Now, I have never owned a Sahara, only four-banger stick Sports and the like,
There never was a "four-banger" Sport...
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #13
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

All the above comments are correct.Someone lied to you.Go figure.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've always been fond of Jeep ever since my father taught me how to drive his old CJ6 when I was "growing up"!
I thought a CJ6 was C-3P0's adopted cousin in Star wars.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #15
jingle89
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I thought a CJ6 was C-3P0's adopted cousin in Star wars.

A few of my buddies have the stretched Unlimiteds...I tell them I still have the "original" unlimited - the one they designed before they meant to, the CJ6. I've only seen two other CJ6's in my life, and I have been to a lot of classic car auctions that are full of old Willys.

Tags
lift kit , oem , sahara , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.