would the pt cruiser turbo that air sierra used for his 2.4l fit on the 2.5l? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > would the pt cruiser turbo that air sierra used for his 2.4l fit on the 2.5l?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #46
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorM View Post
I would disagree that a mod that nets around 225hp and 245lb/ft of torque and over 20 mpg in a Jeep is "pissing in the wind" and a waste of time. However, things are supposed to be bigger in TX, so I guess 4 bangers are frowned upon. Maybe some research on this mod would change your impression, but maybe not.
225 hp to the wheels @ 4 psi? That's pretty damn impressive if it's accurate. I would expect way more boost than that to reach those kind of power levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #47
AlexTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyxTJ View Post
225 hp to the wheels @ 4 psi? That's pretty damn impressive if it's accurate. I would expect way more boost than that to reach those kind of power levels.
I don't think he was ever implying that it was 225 at the wheels.

And, just saying, but wouldn't someone who goes through all this work spend the extra couple hundred $$$ and buy larger injectors so they can take advantage of the 12lbs of boost. I wouldn't call 12 lbs of boost pissing in the wind and I don't think you would either.
'97 TJ Sport :4.7L STROKER:RSG AX-15 "Terminator":Accel 30lb/hr injectors:2000 intake manifold:HP Dana 30 & Ford 8.8 w/ stock LSD & 4.11s for now:RE 4.5" SF :OME Shocks:AA SYE & Dana CV shaft: MAXXIS Bighorn MTs 33x12.5R15:SRC Front & rear bumpers w/ tire carrier:Cragar Series 320 15x8s:WARN SDB-210HBs:KC slimlites Long & Fog:Bestop Replace-a-top : No Cat and Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad
AlexTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #48
Air Sierra
2007 JK Wrangler 

WOW I guess I should stop in more. I Did not even see this thread.
Unread 01-11-2009, 01:42 AM   #49
subaruboy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Sierra View Post
WOW I guess I should stop in more. I Did not even see this thread.
Man it's been quite entertaining.

It's amazing to sit back and watch people bicker over topics that they have little experience with.

Your jeep still running good?
05 PBM M6 GTO

Last edited by subaruboy; 01-11-2009 at 10:02 AM..
subaruboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #50
Air Sierra
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruboy View Post
Man it's been quiet entertaining.

It's amazing to sit back and watch people bicker over topics that they have little experience with.

Your jeep still running good?
Yup runs Great! Here are some photos of a Trail I just went to this last week..

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23864

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.