Wiring problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wiring problem

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
denny472
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wiring problem

2000 TJ .... the tach, the gauges and the radio does not work, they seemed to work fine yesterday....I checked the fuses, they all have incoming power and the fuses checked out as well, I believe from the fuse panel, the power goes through the ignition switch and then out to the components..would this be a common wire or does the gauge cluster and the radio have separate terminals in the ignition switch? Can't seem to find the color codes for the switch....any help appreciated.

denny472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Look at fuse 25 in the Power Distribution Center. It's the black fuse and relay box in front of the battery.
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
denny472
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sure enough...it's blown...what does IOD stand for? now I just have to trace out the problem....Thanks a million !
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

IOD = Ignition Off Draw... IIRC
Knuckelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, Ignition Off Draw. It can be removed if the jeep is not being used for an extended period to reduce the battery drain. Besides the cluster & radio it also powers the underhood light, the courtesy & dome lights & one power wire to the OBDII data link connector. All the wire from that fuse are pink/white. The ignition switch has nothing to do with this circuit.
Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
denny472
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks folks for helping me out....I caused the problem myself, I was working under the hood and hooked the underhood light wiring with a wrench.. this cause the IOD fuse to blow. mended the wire, replaced the fuse and all checked out just fine. Again.. Thanks to all, denny472

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.