Wiring harness compatibility - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wiring harness compatibility

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 07-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
MrRage
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wiring harness compatibility

I need an engine wiring harness for a 99 Jeep wrangler, 4.0L. But I've been having a hell of a time finding one for that year in the configuration I need. I'm finding a lot of stuff thats either 98 or newer/older than 99.

From the looks of it the 97-99 engine compartments look the same. Things are in the same spot and the 99 has not switched over to the spark rail yet either. So I'm almost willing to take a chance on a 98...

I'm going to try to fix it first but its not exactly a small portion of harness. I have to splice in a whole new section starting at the front of the block and spliceing it in somewhere in the back of the block. Really it should be a few inches passed that section because thats where the service manual noted it was recommended to splice there.

A little crispy, wouldn't you say?

MrRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
JarrettJones
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Are those wires ran over the header? There should of been a plastic retainer piece to keep the wires off the header. I would repair the harness and buy the part that hold the wires off the header. Yes it seem like spliceing in new wires will be a pain, but $20 for wire and crimps beats the $100s for a new harness any day.
JarrettJones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring harness , compatibility , tj , wrangler , help

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.