Wiring Diagram 2005 Rubi - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wiring Diagram 2005 Rubi

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wiring Diagram 2005 Rubi

I have to install light wiring and a braking system in my Rubicon so it can be flat towed behind my Motorhome. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 05 Rubicon that they could share with me? It would make my job much easier if I had one.

Thanks in Advance.

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

OK how about color codes for tail light wiring... I have a service manual for my 02 Sahara but the Rubicon has more options so I doubt if they are the same.
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknutter View Post
OK how about color codes for tail light wiring... I have a service manual for my 02 Sahara but the Rubicon has more options so I doubt if they are the same.
im not understanding exactly what you need but if you need basic trailer wiring you should go with a T-1 connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Don't have a wiring diagram but I have wired my two of my Jeeps to flat tow. I just buy the ones from camping world that enables you to splice in the extra inputs from the tow rig. Basically two ins and one out with no back feed.

I either do the splice at the front dirver kick panel or where the wires go down behind the rear roll cage support. I use these from Camping World: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...es-2-pk-/14631

Once you pull of the back light you see the color of wires you needto splice to. Just use one of those pointy circuit light/tester and you can verify the wire function.

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2006 LJ Unlimited Black Hole

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I use the same diodes and in my 02 Sahara spliced them in at the kick panel. I will do the same for my Rubicon but the wire loom that runs to the back is larger than the one in my Sahara, acually quite a bit larger. I was just hoping someone could share a schemetic to make the job easier. I will hit up Ebay for a 05 service manuel while I wait for the powder coat shop to finish up my tow brackets.
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
im not understanding exactly what you need but if you need basic trailer wiring you should go with a T-1 connector
I'm not looking to tow a trailer behind the Jeep but instead I'm flat towing my Jeep behind my Motorhome. I'm cutting into the Jeep's wiring so the Motorhome can control the Jeep's tail lights. Basicly the Jeep becomes a trailer itself.
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #7
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This is what I'm trying to do. Here is pic of my rig at Big Horn National Park in WY. Well with the old Jeep anyway.
11bighornnationalpark.jpg  
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #8
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

All you gotta do is take a standard connector for lights,
like that, and splice one on for each tail light, then ground it and one primary power I think? I forget what the last one is for. But anyways, you get the idea.

So start by probably undoing each taillight (I would assume??) and splice into it there, and figure out how to run the wire from there.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #9
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknutter View Post
I use the same diodes and in my 02 Sahara spliced them in at the kick panel. I will do the same for my Rubicon but the wire loom that runs to the back is larger than the one in my Sahara, acually quite a bit larger. I was just hoping someone could share a schemetic to make the job easier. I will hit up Ebay for a 05 service manuel while I wait for the powder coat shop to finish up my tow brackets.
Yes, the mess of wire is alot bigger. I ended putting the splice in the back and jus ran one wire to the back. It was a lot easier unless you are a Chinese contortionist.

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2006 LJ Unlimited Black Hole

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
All you gotta do is take a standard connector for lights,
like that, and splice one on for each tail light, then ground it and one primary power I think? I forget what the last one is for. But anyways, you get the idea.

So start by probably undoing each taillight (I would assume??) and splice into it there, and figure out how to run the wire from there.
I wish it was that easy. I have to add diodes to protect the Jeeps lighting circuit. Otherwise when I jab on the brakes in the motorhome it will energize all of the circuitry in the Jeep. I just want to control the tail lights not the dash or other lights (front directional/ running lights). Plus I don't want to splice into the tail lights for two reasons 1) that is just a good place for corrosion to start and 2) don't feel it necessary to run wires from the tail lights all the way to the front bumper when the wires that I need are accessable at the dash board. Also my wiring is not a flat four the umbilical cable from the motorhome is a 6 connector. It also contains a battery charge and braking control wires. A flat four is just Right / Left directional, running lights, and ground.
Unread 09-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #11
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

sorry i misunderstood what you are looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #12
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
sorry i misunderstood what you are looking for
Not a problem I should have probably explained it better. Thanks for trying.
Unread 09-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #13
kman8
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So you want just a the diagram to all the lighting?
Unread 09-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #14
kman8
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got it in a pdf file an can't attach so pm me your email an i'll get it to you.
Unread 09-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #15
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

THanks guys but I just downloaded a service manual for the 2005 from Tradebit.com for under $20. The PDF file has over 2600 pages of information that wiring diagram better be in there somewhere!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.