Windstar cowl intake - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Windstar cowl intake

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 10-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #166
adkfinn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have one of these they want to sell me? I haven't been able to find a used one locally. Let me know thanks!

adkfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #167
doublins
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkfinn View Post
Anyone have one of these they want to sell me? I haven't been able to find a used one locally. Let me know thanks!
I have the complete custom-fabbed windstar intake with custom stainless tubing that i used to have on my I-6 that I'll sell you. It's been sitting in my garage since my V8 swap

My Magnum V8 Build Thread:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-magnum-tj-project-whoops-my-stroker-wiped-its-cam-bearings-1516649/[/url]
doublins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #168
adkfinn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Dublins' setup sounds nice, he's got more work and materials into it that I have budgeted for this mod. Someone looking for a pre-built quality kit for this mod should jump on it!

I am looking for the stock box at a reasonable price in order to do the mod myself. Anyone else have one they are willing to part with?
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #169
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Dublins' setup sounds nice, he's got more work and materials into it that I have budgeted for this mod. Someone looking for a pre-built quality kit for this mod should jump on it!

I am looking for the stock box at a reasonable price in order to do the mod myself. Anyone else have one they are willing to part with?
www.car-part.com has 35 pages of yards with them priced as low at $10 it looks like to me. You should be able to find something close to you or some of the yards will probably even ship.
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #170
adkfinn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
www.car-part.com has 35 pages of yards with them priced as low at $10 it looks like to me. You should be able to find something close to you or some of the yards will probably even ship.
I've been checking... nothing near me that is reasonably priced Nearest place wants $75 for a used one from 2001 w/ 3.8L engine. Looks like I'll have to drive an hour plus each way to get one under $50. Car-part seems good for some things, bad for others... at least in my neck of the woods. I appreciate the suggestion though
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #171
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've been checking... nothing near me that is reasonably priced Nearest place wants $75 for a used one from 2001 w/ 3.8L engine. Looks like I'll have to drive an hour plus each way to get one under $50. Car-part seems good for some things, bad for others... at least in my neck of the woods. I appreciate the suggestion though
What range of years are you looking at? IIRC mine is from a 1998.
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #172
adkfinn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
What range of years are you looking at? IIRC mine is from a 1998.
I tried a few different years. Looks like '97 gets me slightly cheaper results. I will take a look in more detail later on. What years are valid for the Windstar box? Also, someone mentioned that some years Explorers came with this box as well? Can anyone tell me what years to look for on the Explorer? There seem to be more of them around VT than Windstars. Thanks for the help!
Unread 10-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #173
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I tried a few different years. Looks like '97 gets me slightly cheaper results. I will take a look in more detail later on. What years are valid for the Windstar box? Also, someone mentioned that some years Explorers came with this box as well? Can anyone tell me what years to look for on the Explorer? There seem to be more of them around VT than Windstars. Thanks for the help!
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ford-explorer-airbox

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #174
adkfinn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bang.

Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ford-explorer-airbox

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #175
Jaminjer
2003 TJ Wrangler 

when i got mine from pick a part i had to take the electronics out so they didnt charge me an arm an leg, just air box was $17.
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #176
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaminjer View Post
when i got mine from pick a part i had to take the electronics out so they didnt charge me an arm an leg, just air box was $17.
Ditto, $20 for me.

Live Free,
Brad
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #177
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956bugtj2000 View Post
It is louder. I just did this mod & it sounds like the radio is on a staticie radio station. That is only at start up or stopped in traffic. Past that I do not notice it.
On mine, there is a definite roar/static sound upon startup and during the initial warm up. After that I never hear the intake unless I am climbing a steep grade on the highway.

My favorite thing about this mod is how I am able to slowly idle through traffic in 2nd or 3rd gear without the engine bogging down or even noticing. Its even more pronounced now that the temps have been in the 30-40's recently. I do believe that the torque increase is real.
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #178
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got to do the first trip in the Jeep since the intake mod and man is it noisy. I thought my CAI was noisy but this set up whistles just as much if not more and it is closer so you hear it more. Anyone have an idea on how to limit the whistling noise besides turning the radio up haha?
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #179
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Mine doesn't whistle at all. Are your fittings tight?
Unread 11-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #180
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes everything is secure except where it sits in the cowl.

Tags
cowl , intake , TJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.