Windshield Leaking Inside upper right side - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Windshield Leaking Inside upper right side

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Okiiashi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Windshield Leaking Inside upper right side

Hey guys/gals. I got this annoying leak that showed up the past few weeks with the heavy rain. It looks like it was coming from across the gasket between the mirror and passenger pillar.

I bought some of the windshield sealant and went across the outside rubber between the frame and glass (upper part only). I also jabbed the tube from the inside where I thought the leak was coming from and gave a few squirts.

Two days later it rained again..... now in the leak is coming more on my side from above the rear view mirror!

Now I want to rip that entire black rubber part outside and shoot it with silicone then place that rubber back around the glass. Am I able to do that??

Also searching I read about the heater core part, but I don't think the water would run UP the windshield and drip from the top while the jeep is parked.
Thanks

()_) ()_)---)_)RED JEEP #446
“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there” - Will Rogers
Okiiashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
mukluk
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Silicone is only going to be a bandaid fix, it'll eventually leak again and worse, it may end up promoting rust in your windshield frame. The best solution would be to replace the windshield seal and bond it in to the frame with urethane adhesive.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.