winch weight bad ? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > winch weight bad ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #46
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

add about the same amount of weight to the front bumper and measure the bumper height before and after .

Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #47
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludnguts View Post
IM saving now for a winch i just dont know how much of a rake it will give the jeep
FWIW, my bumper and winch dropped the front of my jeep roughly 3/4". My homebuilt bumper/winch plate is heavy though and It will very with different brand springs, bumper's, etc. but I think it's safe to say expect to lose roughly 1/2-3/4" when installing a winch. Most people add 3/4" spacers up front to level it back out
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #48
MC_NickP
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i have the RC 2.5" kit with the progressive springs and i used 1" levelers. my jeep leaned forward even before i put the winch on there, so i leveled it out when i was puttling my lift on. with my winch, i only noticed about a half inch less distance from my tire to my fender. it still sits level when there is no one in there
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #178

build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...4/#post9499802
MC_NickP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winch weight

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.