Will a Tuffy console insert work in a sub console? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Will a Tuffy console insert work in a sub console?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-06-2004, 11:09 PM   #1
RIPPN TJ
2005 WK 

Will a Tuffy console insert work in a sub console?

I'm throwing a little system in my 2004 Wrangler Sport with the 7 speaker stereo so it has the console with no storage to fit the BIG 6" Sub in it. Now that I won't be using this sub I'd kind of like to have more storage so I was thinking of getting the Tuffy Security Console Insert that's for 97-00 Wranglers. I figured with the luck I have there would be something to keep me from getting this to fit in my Jeep besides the sub that's there now. I'd like some sort of extra storage for little items but I don't think I'd like the complete Tuffy center Console not to mention it's rather pricey for what you get, I don't know about those cupholders.

Unread 07-07-2004, 08:16 AM   #2
tuffy2
Vendor

The Tuffy TJ Console Insert still won't work in your 2004 due to changes in the lid design. Even without the sub mounted in the console you won't be able to close or lock the lid properly.
tuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2004, 09:40 AM   #3
RIPPN TJ
2005 WK 

It figures, just my luck.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.