Will these shocks work? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Will these shocks work?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
JeepnTXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Will these shocks work?

I'm in need of new shocks, and I've found a decent deal on a set Bilstein 5100's, but they are for a 3"-4" lift, and I'm only running a BB right now. Will they work, or be too long? I don't do alot of wheeling, mostly at the beach.

Unread 10-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
bobbert350

if they r for a 3-4 inch lift and u dont have that kind of lift then no they wont work..i would get something thats for u kinda of jeep
bobbert350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 08:46 AM   #3
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hard saying if they'll work or not. You have to measure yourself to determine this.

Obviously they'll be too long if anything. So just take a fully compressed measurement on your TJ (jack the axle up to the bumpstop and measure between the shock mounting locations) and compare it to the fully collapsed measurement of the shock.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bilstein makes a specially-valved 5100 model made specifically for the Wrangler that rides well. The standard 5100 is too stiff for a Wrangler but not all Bilstein dealers even know that the Wrangler version is available. Be sure what you're getting.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #5
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've heard of people running 3-3.5" Shocks on a BB and being fine.

I was planning on going that route myself so I won't have to upgrade shocks 2x. Planning on a 3" lift this winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.