Will these mirrors fit my door hinges? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Will these mirrors fit my door hinges?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
2001TJstudent
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Will these mirrors fit my door hinges?

Will these fit on the hinges when I take the door off?

Amazon.com: EA/MIRROR HARLEY-DAV - EMGO -: Automotive

2001TJstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

it doesn't seem to say how thick or how long the piece at the end is. The door hinge fits a 3/8ths bolt, and you'll need about 2 inches of bolt to stick through the hinge in order to still have thread room on the bottom to get a nut on there.

From looking at that image, I would take a guess that no it might not fit, since the bolt at the bottom is might be a little to short. Hard to tell for sure though.

I'd go to an auto parts store, or a motorcycle accessories store (Harley store?) and check out the mirrors they have there. You'll be able to look at them and see how long the bolt is.
Unread 08-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
2001TJstudent
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok. I went to Advanced Auto Parts and they don't have Jack Squat! I guess I can try Pep Boys, that's basically the only other one around here. There's Autozone too, guess I'll try that. None seem to have motorcycle parts though. I just thought that every Harley mirror would fit
2001TJstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know if harley mirrors fit or not, sorry! Maybe someone else knows? if they do, that would be cool, would open up alot of mirror possibilities
Unread 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Can always buy a 3/8x 21/2" bolt and barrel nut. Feed the bolt up through the hinge and screw the barrel nut on the bolt. Then screw the mirror into the other end of the barrel nut.

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
03CON

Your looking for what they call a long stem Harley mirror, the FLHT, FLHR, and most all the big harleys use them, the mirror you have posted is a short stem and will not work. They are dirt cheap on Ebay or at your local harley shop as new take offs.
03CON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
fang_x
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hold on before you spend big bucks, just go to a local bike store and buy a set of the clamp on bike mirrors, i spent under 10$ and they fit and work perfectly!

Super Cycle Convex Rearview Mirror | Canadian Tire
fang_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Colorado Jeepin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Fang, do you have a pic of it on your Jeep? Does it stay in adjustment pretty good? I like this idea, man. Especially the price, what with lack of work and all.

Tags
hinge , mirror , fit , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.