Will only a 2 inch suspension lift .... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Will only a 2 inch suspension lift ....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Will only a 2 inch suspension lift ....

Still cause more wear on parts than factory height?

tj1997tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

What size tires are going to go with that 2" lift? Anything more aggressive then factory design will arguably cause more wear. Really more a question of is it enough more wear to be worth whatever the goal/reason for doing it.
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just 31x10.5
I would like just a tad more height and a little better suspension.
I was at one time under the impression that things stayed the same on lifts under 3 inch.
Now I find out maybe not so I wonder is it alot more wear?
I could "live" without the lift but sure would make things nicer for me.
tj1997tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
sunsetclb

2001 TJ Wrangler 

This lift stuffs got me goin in circles myself????
sunsetclb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2" lifts are great because you can install the lift springs with longer shocks and usually you don't have to install anything else (maybe bumpstops). If you want to clear a 33" tire, then installing a 1.25" body lift will make it happen.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
sunsetclb

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I think my problem is its nice running down the highway at 75-80 no problems I'm afraid of losing that. So I find myself searching and searching on the forums. I guess I'm looking for the magic answer? Y'all know the deal,it's a battle in your head. what size lift what size tire...
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tire size will affect your cruising speed and acceleration more than your lift height. With only 31" tires, you shouldn't have much of an issue.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetclb
I think my problem is its nice running down the highway at 75-80 no problems I'm afraid of losing that. So I find myself searching and searching on the forums. I guess I'm looking for the magic answer? Y'all know the deal,it's a battle in your head. what size lift what size tire...
Lift doesn't effect speed. And 31" tires won't effect much.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
steelslinger
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I put a 2" lift on my SE that already had 31X10.5R15 and had no change in highway driving. I used the rough country kit with control arms and shocks. I installed the rear track bar drop and longer sway bar links. The transfer case linkage drop moved it too low. I just didn't use it and 4wd works fine. The transfer case drop did tilt my engine back more than expected. I had to modify the center console mount to move it back for shifter clearance
steelslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
steelslinger
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelslinger
i put a 2" lift on my se that already had 31x10.5r15 and had no change in highway driving. I used the rough country kit with control arms and shocks. I installed the rear track bar drop and longer sway bar links. The transfer case linkage drop moved it too low. I just didn't use it and 4wd works fine. The transfer case drop did tilt my engine back more than expected. I had to modify the center console mount to move it back for shifter clearance

image-3887833894.jpg
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
sunsetclb

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well I think I'm headed towards 2" BDS and shocks..... And go with 31's.... There was a time I was thinking bigger..but it seems you get a lot of benefits with this set up and less parts, if that makes sense? For a all around package. Descent off road ( for me nothing major) ride, comfort, and it's my DD. and I don't want the alignment issues.... Axles,shafts,ect...
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
sunsetclb

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelslinger View Post
I put a 2" lift on my SE that already had 31X10.5R15 and had no change in highway driving. I used the rough country kit with control arms and shocks. I installed the rear track bar drop and longer sway bar links. The transfer case linkage drop moved it too low. I just didn't use it and 4wd works fine. The transfer case drop did tilt my engine back more than expected. I had to modify the center console mount to move it back for shifter clearance
Why so much work???? A 2" lift and all that? Wow!

Is it me or is all that just crazy?

Again......
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
steelslinger
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Off road durability is much better than before. Plus it replaced the control arms we bent before
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well I think I'm headed towards 2" BDS and shocks..... And go with 31's.... There was a time I was thinking bigger..but it seems you get a lot of benefits with this set up and less parts, if that makes sense? For a all around package. Descent off road ( for me nothing major) ride, comfort, and it's my DD. and I don't want the alignment issues.... Axles,shafts,ect...
I run that with a 1.25" body lift and 33s. And you have alignment issues whenever you lift. It takes 30 seconds to do an alignment.

Unread 09-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Why so much work???? A 2" lift and all that? Wow!

Is it me or is all that just crazy?

Again......
Dude calm down. It's not necessary to do all that. Just because someone did, doesn't mean it's required. At 2", coils and shocks are all you need.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.