JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Will coils from 05 Rubi Unlimited fit 05 TJ Sport? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/will-coils-05-rubi-unlimited-fit-05-tj-sport-1426019/)

Peyts 10-10-2012 08:58 AM

Will coils from 05 Rubi Unlimited fit 05 TJ Sport?
 
I just got my hands on a set of springs from a 2005 Rubicon Unlimited.

I'm looking at doing a 2" BB lift & putting 31x10.50 tires on my currently stock 2005 TJ Sport (4 ltr, 6 cyl, 6-speed manual trans).

Here's my questions:

*Will those Rubi Unlimited coils even fit properly on my TJ Sport?
*Would I gain any advantage by putting on those Rubi springs?
*Would there be any lift in my TJ with those springs on?
*Should I do the 2" BB with the Rubi coils or with my stock springs?

Thanks a million for your time!

DBLJ 10-10-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyts
I just got my hands on a set of springs from a 2005 Rubicon Unlimited.

I'm looking at doing a 2" BB lift & putting 31x10.50 tires on my currently stock 2005 TJ Sport (4 ltr, 6 cyl, 6-speed manual trans).

Here's my questions:

*Will those Rubi Unlimited coils even fit properly on my TJ Sport?
*Would I gain any advantage by putting on those Rubi springs?
*Would there be any lift in my TJ with those springs on?
*Should I do the 2" BB with the Rubi coils or with my stock springs?

Thanks a million for your time!

Yes
Not really
If any, very minor.
Use the Rubi springs.

Jason 10-10-2012 09:06 AM

There won't be any height difference in the coils between Rubi and Sport, and they should be interchangeable. I don't believe there wouldn't be any advantage in using the Rubi springs unless something is wrong with your current ones.

Ironhead 10-10-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyts (Post 14280181)
*Should I do the 2" BB with the Rubi coils or with my stock springs?

which ever ones have less miles on them

TheBoogieman 10-10-2012 09:08 AM

Rubi springs are stiffer.

biffgnar 10-10-2012 10:04 AM

22 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoogieman (Post 14280244)
Rubi springs are stiffer.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that there were some Sport configurations (e.g. dual tops) that got the same springs as the Rubicons.

TheBoogieman 10-10-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffgnar (Post 14280541)
Are you sure? I was under the impression that there were some Sport configurations (e.g. dual tops) that got the same springs as the Rubicons.

I think the hard top Jeeps have the same stiffer rate as the Rubi.

goofus 10-10-2012 10:49 AM

Look at the labels on the springs, if present. 106AA and 130AA are the stiffest. I only found those on my 2003 Rubicon. My 05 LJ came with 105AB and 129AB springs. The lower those part numbers are, the softer the spring. Dimensions are all identical, nonetheless.

Jason 10-10-2012 11:03 AM

My hardtop-equipped sport had 104 rears and 128 fronts.

Peyts 10-10-2012 12:13 PM

Thanks for all the input! I reckon that, based on above, the springs will fit my TJ Sport.

The question now, then, is whether or not I should replace my stock springs with the Rubi Unlimited ones when I do the 2" BB lift.

I'll take a look to see if I can find any number codes on the coils, as mentioned by goofus. That being said, should the stiffer of the two springs be the ones that go on my Jeep? Or the ones with the less miles, as suggested by Ironhead Jed? Or just put the Rubi ones on because they are better?

TheRealKTrain 10-10-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyts (Post 14281279)
Thanks for all the input! I reckon that, based on above, the springs will fit my TJ Sport.

The question now, then, is whether or not I should replace my stock spings with the Rubi Unlimited ones when I do the 2" BB lift.

I'll take a look to see if I can find any number codes on the coils, as mentioned by goofus. That being said, should the stiffer of the two springs be the ones that go on my Jeep? Or the ones with the less miles, as suggested by Ironhead Jed? Or just put the Rubi ones on because they are better?

I'll hold your hand if you want... :hahaha:

Peyts 10-11-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain

I'll hold your hand if you want... :hahaha:

Though I appreciate your gesture of romance, I'll have to pass.


The time now is 10:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.