Wierd Vibrations after wheeling.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wierd Vibrations after wheeling....

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgreatest9 View Post
Are they difficult to install ?
If you know how to read, and have a good set of external snap-lock ring pliers (there are a lot of similar pliers out there, look carefully at the pictures in the instructions and buy a good set for the intended purpose) you will be just fine installing a SYE yourself, in one afternoon.

I'd also recommend a stubby 9/16" ratcheting wrench for reaching some of the tighter clearance bolts to remove the TC from your Jeep.

hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #17
tjsean0308
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler905 View Post
If you know how to read, and have a good set of external snap-lock ring pliers (there are a lot of similar pliers out there, look carefully at the pictures in the instructions and buy a good set for the intended purpose) you will be just fine installing a SYE yourself, in one afternoon.

I'd also recommend a stubby 9/16" ratcheting wrench for reaching some of the tighter clearance bolts to remove the TC from your Jeep.
I concur and will take 10-1 odds you bent the output shaft. So make sure you get a good SYE that includes a shaft, do not be tempted by the cheaper hack and taps. On the plus side you can probably ditch the t-case drop and gain some clearance now. You will need upper adjustable control arms to dial the pinion angle.
Unread 08-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #18
Salgreatest9
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well thanks guys for all the info, always much appreciated. I ended up buying a procomp cv driveline and a sye kit with a short shaft. I payed 730 for both and 400 for labor. No vibration so it's running like a champ but for sure has been the most expensive wheeling trip I have ever had.
Salgreatest9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibrations , t-case , t case , transfer case , tj , wrangler , wheeling

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.