This is why you should get HID's in your Jeep. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 78 Old 07-06-2011, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is why you should get HID's in your Jeep.

I installed these lights before I went on a trip, and as soon as I got back tonight I took it out for its first night ride.

I got DDM 6000k Raptors (not the slims)
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

-Raptor HID Kit, 55W, H4 High / Low, 6000K (Kit / Package)
-Bulb Type: H4/HB2/9003 Hi/Lo (+$20.00)
-Bulb Color: 6000K
-Wattage: 55W (+$10.00)

Subtotal: $65.00
Shipping to Atlanta: $16.68
Total for Bulbs and Wires = $81.68

and for the housings -

Hella E-Code (ECE) 7” Round H4 Headlamps
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97052_9001.htm

Quadratec Part No: 97052.9001

Total for housings with shipping = $93.97

total for both = $175.65

this was by far the best investment I have ever made in my Jeep.

sorry for the blurryness of the pics, there are some things iPhone4 cant do... take pics and drive.

and a few people say that you shouldnt get these because they blind other drivers, but honestly, I havent had a singe person flash me and I live in Atlanta. There are people everywhere. Now if you live in a po-dunk little town and you have that old farmer that is coming twards you and flashes you because he has never seen HID's I understand. They will soon be on every car produced.

all in all best investment I have ever made in this Jeep.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 PM
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Very nice. Do you need to splice wiring or is there a harness adapter?

Also, do you know where that product is made? I've heard terrible things about the ones made in China and good things about the German made HID's.
post #3 of 78 Old 07-06-2011, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Very nice. Do you need to splice wiring or is there a harness adapter?

Also, do you know where that product is made? I've heard terrible things about the ones made in China and good things about the German made HID's.
no wires need to be spliced, it is simply plug and play.

The DDM wiring harness and bulbs are made in China, shipped directly to me with from China with crazy looking writing on it. It only took 5 days to get here. They have a lifetime warranty so you cant go wrong with that.

but the Hella Housings are made in Germany.

post #4 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Blktjsport
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yup the hella e code lenses give such a shape cutoff I have had my wife drive my tj so I could see head on and no glare what so ever just looked bad a$$ one of my favorite plug and play mods highly recommended specially since I live near ddm tuning the lifetime warranty is great

2001 WJ -WIFES K&N FIPK~2.5" FLOWMASTER 40~2.5" BB~ BILSTEINS~ 255/70/18 BRIDGSTONE A/T JK'S
1999 TJ SPORT- NP242~SYE~K&N APOLLO COWL CAI~2.5" FM40 ~3.5" RE~ BILSTEIN 5100~D44~33" BFG MT~ DAVES RACK~ BUSHWACKERS~ HELLA ECODE DDM 6K HID
post #5 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Quadratec
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

That's a nice looking setup. Anyone looking to get the e code lenses, I've got plenty in stock.

-Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Price Match,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
us for a quote
Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

post #6 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 AM
hockey369
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Which lenses are better, the Hella E Codes or the IPF H4 Conversion Lenses? They both are the same price

01 TJ Sahara, RE BB w/ Skyjacker Hydro Shocks, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains on Soft 8s, Rampage Frameless Top, A to Z Rocker Guards, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Windshield Long Range Lights, UCF Engine Skid, UCF UHC Transmission Skid
My other toys:
04 Harley V-Rod
99 Yamaha GP1200 (For Sale)
post #7 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 AM
vector6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

do you have both high and low beams with that set up? (i did read your post and the webpage, but im still wondering..)
post #8 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 09:48 AM
angelo2975
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have a question...did you check for Light cut -off ....From the picture it looks like the light is very scattered...Down here in Florida people are starting to get their cars towed for not having the proper lens installed...Allowing the light to be aim correctly and causing the spread pattern that blinds other drivers... I spoke to a cop and he said you can do the light conversion...just make sure the lens can direct the light down towards the road and no all over the place blinding others.
post #9 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I havent really figured out the key to aiming them. I played with it for 45 minutes last night and gave up. If anyone in the Atlanta area could help me aim them that would be awesome.

Yes I did get the Hi/Lo option, but honestly, the brights arent much different from the lo beams lol
post #10 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Ej132
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've wanted to do this however if I do obe set of lights I want all my other ones to be the same. I have fog lights and windshield lights.
post #11 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

you can convert those lights too
post #12 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 12:45 PM
TXST8tj

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I posted in the other thread about my buddy's 6000k DDMs being too blue for me, but your 6000k DDMs do not look to have the blue tint my buddy's do. They do look white like you said. Do you have any pics looking at the headlights?

We went with the non-Raptor ballast version, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Patrick

post #13 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj View Post
I posted in the other thread about my buddy's 6000k DDMs being too blue for me, but your 6000k DDMs do not look to have the blue tint my buddy's do. They do look white like you said. Do you have any pics looking at the headlights?

We went with the non-Raptor ballast version, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
did you go 55w or 35w?

here ya go

post #14 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 PM
ble10
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
and a few people say that you shouldnt get these because they blind other drivers, but honestly, I havent had a singe person flash me and I live in Atlanta. There are people everywhere. Now if you live in a po-dunk little town and you have that old farmer that is coming twards you and flashes you because he has never seen HID's I understand. They will soon be on every car produced.

all in all best investment I have ever made in this Jeep.
Yes they will, when correctly engineered from the factory and or retro-fitted properly.
post #15 of 78 Old 07-07-2011, 01:40 PM
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo2975 View Post
I have a question...did you check for Light cut -off ....From the picture it looks like the light is very scattered...Down here in Florida people are starting to get their cars towed for not having the proper lens installed...Allowing the light to be aim correctly and causing the spread pattern that blinds other drivers... I spoke to a cop and he said you can do the light conversion...just make sure the lens can direct the light down towards the road and no all over the place blinding others.
Good, I'm glad to hear they are dong that, I can't stand the people driving around with HID's in the wrong housings, they scatter way too much and blind other drivers...I'm all for HID's WITH the proper housings though

EDIT: For what it's worth I don't always flash people with improperly setup HID's because I know they don't have their high beams on & I figure they know their lights blind other people and just don't care...maybe I should start, so they get the idea

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.