Who want to make a PRETTY PENNY? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Who want to make a PRETTY PENNY?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
Anti-bling

Who want to make a PRETTY PENNY?

Well guys, theres now more than a few of us who are looking for an alternative to PSC's expensive/very large rear stinger. Sadddlllyyy, none of us can find IT...because it doesnt exist.....yet.

To all you tube bending/welding heads, im pretty damn sure the money would be worth the time and effort to make a few of these and sell on the forums. All we(the buyers) would have to do is take it to a local welding shop and have them weld the base hynges to the rear frame crossmember.I dont know if i speak for all of us, but i would like one shorter than the PSC...maye ends at the top of the spare tire? It shouldnt be difficult, especially for what you can charge. Who wants one? Who will build? Am i crazy?

[SIZE="4"]'04 Wrangler Sport: Khaki, D30/D44, 2.25" BB, JKS 1.25" BL, OME Coils, Fabtech style front bumper, Herculined tub, Hi-Lift, Jerry Can, HUNSAKER ENVY seats, Flowmaster 40, CAI, Performance TB, 33x12.5's, Defender basket with SRC soft top rack, Lite Dot, CJ Tailgate, Rear Stinger. [/SIZE]
Anti-bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about a rear stinger that will hold a spare tire?
The Mean Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Buy a tube bender and welder. Or make friends with someones who has one. Or post in the fab section where you will find more people who have them. I do like them though and would like to make one when I can afford the tools. If you got to take it somewhere to weld it for you might as well have them bend the tube.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well I see you started this and won't come back but in case you're still interested my buddy just built his own, his user name is Doghouse on this forum.

PM him, I'm sure he'll help you with info.
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the final product less the paint.

Unread 09-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #6
Anti-bling

Thanks for the posts, by the time i purchase all tools, time, and tubing...why not just buy the psc.

Thanks for those pics, that exactly what i want, but shorter due to the fact myspare is a 31"-33". i will PM him.
[SIZE="4"]'04 Wrangler Sport: Khaki, D30/D44, 2.25" BB, JKS 1.25" BL, OME Coils, Fabtech style front bumper, Herculined tub, Hi-Lift, Jerry Can, HUNSAKER ENVY seats, Flowmaster 40, CAI, Performance TB, 33x12.5's, Defender basket with SRC soft top rack, Lite Dot, CJ Tailgate, Rear Stinger. [/SIZE]
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
the_ronster
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-bling
Thanks for the posts, by the time i purchase all tools, time, and tubing...why not just buy the psc.
Because then you will have the tools to sell and make money because you cant currently find them anywhere
RE 3.5 Super Flex, Old Man Emu Long Travel Shocks and Steering Stabalizer, RE Hack & Tap SYE, AA CV Drive Shaft, ARB Compressor, ARB Front and Rear Lockers, 35x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, Custom Fabbed Bumpers, ORFAB rear tire carrier/ gascan holder, Superior 4.88s, and Heated Seats

the_ronster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks for those pics, that exactly what i want, but shorter due to the fact myspare is a 31"-33". i will PM him.
What will you do when you go bigger?? build another one? Why not make it to acomodate a 36 and up? a 33 would fit fine on Jr's (doghouse)
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #9
Anti-bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ronster
Because then you will have the tools to sell and make money because you cant currently find them anywhere
haha, very good point. hmmmmm.....
Unread 09-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #10
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Because you can make a cage, bumpers, shock hoops, tube fenders front and rear, transmission cross memebers, skids, racks, motor mounts, full suspensions, part of suspensions, new axle brackets, exo cages, buggys.... well maybe you need a little more than just a bender and welder but you get the point plus then make all those for your friends, and you still have the tools to fix repair or replace the parts when you break them.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
Anti-bling

FINE! well i guess im hijacking my own thread . I took a couple welding classes in high school and am familiar with all types. Where can i purchase (online) a cheap/quality(bang for the buck) hydrolic bender that will help me do all this? Welder?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.