Who makes softest/smoothest riding lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Who makes softest/smoothest riding lift?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
rkwfxd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Who makes softest/smoothest riding lift?

OK I do not need a lot of lift 2-3 inches will be enough for my build BUT I COULD go higher.

I don't need a lot of articulation as I do minimal rock crawling.

The vast majority of my 4 wheeling is desert and mountain trails and poorly maintained dirt roads. With that in mind, what lift would provide the smoothest most comfortable ride?

Thanks

rkwfxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Old man Emu as far as I have read.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Jrama
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got the BDS 3" basic and the ride is better then stock (with a winch on the front) and you will also get some good flex out of it . It has that unconditional lifetime warrenty. I have had mine on now for about 8 months 4 of which i have had a winch on the front. The ride without the winch is stock maybe a little softer.

What also makes a huge difference on washboard roads is disconnecting the sway bars and yes this kit comes with quick disconnects
Jrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
SkylinesSuck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

OME, while good, is stiffer than stock by a good bit from what I've felt.
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's all a matter of opinion.Some say this and others say that.I've NEVER rode in a truely smooth riding(by car standards) Jeep.It's the shocks that make or break the ride quality.Also a 2" lift will ride better than a 4" lift on stock short arms.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
shrubeck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My experience has been that it's all about the shocks. My OME springs are super squishy, but with cheap shocks the Jeep rides like crap. My buddy has a short arm 4" procomp lift, but because he has nice shocks his jeep rides much better than mine.
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
what lift would provide the smoothest most comfortable ride?
Any long-arm lift. But that's probably too much for your application.

With short-arms, a large percentage of your ride quality will depend on shocks. Look into adjustable shocks like Ranchos so you can dial in the ride that you want.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #8
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have Tera 3" coils, some have had problems with them sagging, I haven't and OME shocks. Mine rides smooth for a jeep.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Old man Emu as far as I have read.
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrama View Post
I got the BDS 3" basic and the ride is better then stock (with a winch on the front) and you will also get some good flex out of it . It has that unconditional lifetime warrenty. I have had mine on now for about 8 months 4 of which i have had a winch on the front. The ride without the winch is stock maybe a little softer.

What also makes a huge difference on washboard roads is disconnecting the sway bars and yes this kit comes with quick disconnects
The BDS series 2.2 shocks are firmer compared to the OME. I run BDS and I am happy with my ride, much better than stock. But if you want the softest and smoothest quality 2" lift - OME is your product.

I did ride in a OME HD suspension Jeep and the ride was too soft for my preference.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.