Who Else Has Removed Their Rear Seat / Seat Belts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Who Else Has Removed Their Rear Seat / Seat Belts?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Who Else Has Removed Their Rear Seat / Seat Belts?

My rear seat hasn't been in my TJ for about 6 months or more. The seat belts on the floor were always in the way of cargo so I decided they had to go... removed them today along with the belts on the rollbar in the back. No idea if I'll ever even need them again or what. Anybody else decide to de rear-seat their TJ?

thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
fundabug

I removed my rear seat the day I brought my TJ home. I mounted a homemade tool box in the back and used that seat belt hole to secure it to the frame from the inside!

2004 Wrangler X 4.0 I6 Solar Yellow

OK, so I messed up the quote in my sig....I was probably on the downhill side of a few beers when I did it......Somebody say something funny so I can get a new one.
fundabug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
vector6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I removed all that stuff within the first 3 days and sold it all on ebay
vector6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #4
thesherm
1998 TJ Wrangler 

removed the day i brought it home
Unfortunately you are one of those poor misguided folks that believes leaving the gear shift lever in one slot or another is an indication of control.

Come go for a ride and I'll be glad to demonstrate the difference between what you perceive incorrectly as "control" and what control actually is.

Pick a different reason because that one is both lame and stupid to perpetuate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Pardon me for damaging your precious reputation. It's not that I disagree, that would be a difference of opinion. This isn't subjective, it's objective, you are just wrong. If you make that statement, you are misguided. It is that simple.
thesherm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have not had my rear seat installed in years. I removed the bracketry to Rhino Line. I also mounted an Olympic Mountaineer Rack last winter, so I just never put the bracketry or seat belts back in, and don't intend to. I don't plan on getting rid of it or my seat either in case I need to put it in again for whatever reason even if it takes a few hours.

My friend did the same when he modified the back of his TJ into a dog bed. I have his seat in my garage, and he has his bracketry and seat belts somewhere.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 06:04 PM   #6
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector6
Funny you should say that, I was actually considering selling it all and putting it towards an RE 3.5" Kit .
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
Geeps

I pulled all that stuff out a few years ago.

I thought about selling it, but if I ever sold the Jeep. someone might want it.
Geeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #8
OffCamberTJ

Last 3 Wranglers had the rear crap removed day of purchase.
Unread 08-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #9
KA5IVR

I removed the back seat from my old YJ and put it back in the day I sold it to my brother. I liked having the extra space. Being only the Dog & I (sometmes the girlfriend), it never was needed anyway. If Jeep made it an Option, I would not get one.

I have not got around to removing the one from my TJ yet, but it doesn't have a 1,000 miles yet. I like the idea of installing a tool box and using the seat belt holes to secure it.
KA5IVR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #10
BluesMan
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My seats hanging on the wall, and the belts are in a sack.

I use the besttop extendatrunk.
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:33 PM   #11
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector6

same here
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #12
Iceman_RNR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

been removed for quite a while, but recently I installed the seat and belts again, since we had a couple of runs where people sat in the back
Haven't bothered taking the stuff out ever since ... kinda comes in handy when you're 'putting' around town with friends.
Heck ... I even slept on the backseat a couple of weekends ago when we went for a little fishing/camping trip
Unread 08-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #13
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

I've had the back seat out since the beginning of the summer, all it was doing was getting rained on. I'm not sure if I can justify selling it yet though. I left all the seat belts in as well, hadn't really thought about pulling them out. I plan on building a custom box for the rear area that serves as a lockable storage unit/sub box, but that'll probably be pretty far down the line. Then I'll be able to sell my insta-trunk too.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #14
DisIllusionist
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you ever want to put the seat again and you let it rain in the back (like I do), you will want to figure a way to keep the threads from rusting. I have had mine out for a while and tried to put them in yesterday and busted loose one (I am assuming its a welded nut or similar). I ended up putting much shorter bolts in the other 3 holes since I didnt have a tap of that size to clean it out.
DisIllusionist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #15
AustinJeep

If I knew how to remove the rear seat, I would probably take it out lol
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...A/IMG_1994.jpg
AustinJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.