Where to post shop recommendations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Where to post shop recommendations?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
FirstGenRunner
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Where to post shop recommendations?

Not sure if there's a good place on this forum. I've been looking through and found the vendor section. I've seen the ratings sections. All run through parts but none seem to run through ratings on individual shops. I'm posting this question in the TJ section as (you can tell from my profile) is what I own. I dropped the transmission crossmember and pan to swap fluids. Living in the NE I was shocked to find the frame looked ok when the rest of it seemed to be poorly maintained. It wasn't till I started cleaning the frame up to replace the nutserts that I noticed a small hole. A good whack on the side of the frame and a good section fell right out. Any ways...living in Boston I searched the NE and found a shop in CT to repair it. They actually have done a bunch of TJ's and pride in their work. There were actually two other TJ's there while mine was there. I couldn't speak higher about the work they did or their warranty. I won't get into specifics here, but easily could if needed.

I'm not associated with the shop at all. Just had a great experience with the place and am always looking here for good info, and to pass out a recommendation if I can. I know from the info I've pulled from here what a great help it's been. This being my first Jeep, I've been able repair/freshen up everything from the drive train, to vent drains.

Thanks again.

FirstGenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well, there's couple of threads going on, within first few pages, about rust and people from NE asking what to do. Check in and give people your first hand experience and the quality of work, i think that would be as much as you can do.

Thanks for wanting to share your good experience/advice, I HATE RUST!

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Go to the 4 wheeling section and post under your state. I know I occasionallly see referral requests for local shops in my state's section.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
Go to the 4 wheeling section and post under your state. I know I occasionallly see referral requests for local shops in my state's section.
Ahh, good one. I never leave JFTJ, maybe i should...

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necko2529 View Post

Lol, I know, I been on here for almost 2 years and I still see stuff I didn't realize was here ...love the state section though for talking to locals and finding out about sponsored events or just a few guys going wheeling on short notice.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #6
hockey369
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What was the name of the shop? You gave them praise but never mentioned them...
01 TJ Sahara, RE BB w/ Skyjacker Hydro Shocks, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains on Soft 8s, Rampage Frameless Top, A to Z Rocker Guards, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Windshield Long Range Lights, UCF Engine Skid, UCF UHC Transmission Skid
My other toys:
04 Harley V-Rod
99 Yamaha GP1200 (For Sale)
hockey369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #7
FirstGenRunner
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necko2529 View Post
I'm in the same boat which is why I was asking. I had found a couple posts when looking, but they were from about three years back. Didn't want to bring up a dead thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey369 View Post
What was the name of the shop? You gave them praise but never mentioned them...
I did that on purpose. Didn't want to throw the info out there and then have put it in the wrong place and break any forum rules. The name of the shop is Sandman's in Manchester. I'll throw a couple links I had found while searching for him. I'm more than happy to post any pics of his work if anybody asks for it.

Company Page:
http://www.sandmansautorepairandwelding.com/

FB Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandm...26311420777556
FirstGenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.