Where to get repacement flasher (not LED) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Where to get repacement flasher (not LED)

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
lancam
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Where to get repacement flasher (not LED)

I think I have a problem with the OE flasher unit in my 2003 TJ. Initially the unit was making a buzzing noise when I tried to use the hazzards or turn signals, but later this stopped. I checked the terminals with a multimeter and can see voltage is getting into the unit and also that the voltage changes when the hazzard switch is pressed (suggesting that there are no loose wires and that the switch is not at fault).

I have removed the 5-pin offending flasher unit (Part #04607084AB 50732 2(4) x 32CP - 12V) however I cannot seem to find a like for like OE part anywhere.

The nearest I can find are the Tridon EP27 or Bussman BP727 which Amazon says fit my car, but some other websites say they do not. Also, from what I have read on these forums, fitting one of these parts will mean that I will no longer be able to use my hazzards without blowing a fuse?

Surely it must be possible to get a like for like replacement from somewhere or at least an equivalent part which will still allow me to use my hazzards?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

lancam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Luv-My-TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Steelership?
"I'm a TJ owner, I dont go waving like a retard who lost his helmet everytime i see a jeep. If you like to wave so be it, I have better things to do like running over boxes of puppies while driving drunk and texting from the other side of the highway." - KKiowaTJ
Luv-My-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
rro100
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Salvage yard maybe
rro100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
taterdigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yeah x2 for salvage yard i had to get one a while back cost me 1$
taterdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
pmoss58
2008 JK Wrangler 

I wish you said something sooner i would have given you one. But i just gave it away the other day. Sorry. But you can try Gold Coast Distributing. That is where i got mine for my LEDs and they my have some for non LEDs. Hope this helps
pmoss58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #6
lancam
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoss58 View Post
you can try Gold Coast Distributing. That is where i got mine
Have yout fitted the one you got from GCD and if so, can you still use your hazzards afterwards without blowing the fuse? If so, can you remember the part number of the one you installed?

The problem is, if I fit the wrong one and it stops me using the hazzards, then I will not pass an MoT over here and that keeps it off the road.

BTW - I spent some time trying the scrap yards last week, but it seems there are not many scrapped jeeps around in the UK.

Guess it is GCD (if I can keep my hazzards) or I am at the mercy of the dealership :-(

Thanks for your help.
Unread 03-16-2011, 05:41 AM   #7
pmoss58
2008 JK Wrangler 

All i had to do is plug it in and every thing work including the hazzards. But i did have LED lights, so i dont know if it will still work for your application. I was looking around on ebay motors last night and i did see some on there for sale.
You should just give GCD a call and talk to them about it. When i called they where very helpful.

I hope you can find one.
pmoss58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

Got my last one from Autozone. Check their website.

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #9
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah last time I was in Auto Zone I saw a 5 pole flasher.
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 05:38 AM   #10
lancam
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best4x4 View Post
Yeah last time I was in Auto Zone I saw a 5 pole flasher.
Thanks Best4x4, to clarify though, the issue is not the number of poles, from what I have read, the issue is that on some of the types of "LED replacement" flashers the middle pin is wired up incorrectly for the Wrangler so that when you press the hazzard button you get a short circuit and your 20A fuse blows.

This is a bad thing here in the UK as it means you fail your yearly MoT test and you can't drive the car leagally on the road.

Just a quick update to close off this thread, I have ordered a replacement flasher through the dealer for 30 (expensive I know), but they recon it is the same part number and hence a 1 for 1 replacement. I get the part today and hopefully it will fix my problem, if not then I will have to post again for some ideas of where to look next!!

Thanks again for all your input

Tags
flasher , relay , turn signal

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.