where do these go? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > where do these go?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have some questions. ..I'm trying to fix all the little things that a shop did awhile ago.

First: where is this line off the intake manifold supposed to go? The lower arrow is where it connects & the upper is where it's just capped with a bolt:

The other lines go to the brake booster/master cylinder, & then the vacuum canister

The second thing is on my emissions canister/evap thing. All the lines are a mess & the middle part isn't hooked to anything:

Specs in profile, but 97 TJ 4.6L stroker, 00+ intake manifold. It's an early 97, made in early 96 if that matters.

No codes & runs well

Thanks JF

Sent by a messenger bird

jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nighttime bump

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bueller

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
AllTerrainJK
OllllllO

1998 TJ Wrangler 

If no one replies before I get home at 6:30 I'll look at my jeeps and see where they go.
AllTerrainJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTJ View Post
If no one replies before I get home at 6:30 I'll look at my jeeps and see where they go.
Cool beans. I appreciate it!

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

yeh i'd a liked to help you but all that is pretty different than my '04....except the lower arrow on the first pic...IF it's the same, then that goes across the firewall to another "T". It controls the HVAC vent selection, and the "T" at the firewall is to a vaccum canister under the battery tray.

I have no idea what that thing capped with a bolt is, and the evap is in the rear fender well on my 04, so no help there.

Best wishes.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
AllTerrainJK
OllllllO

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I looked at both my 98 and my son's 00 and neither one match your set up exactly. Our evap canisters are rectangular and mounted on the inner fender well. Maybe I'm looking at your pic wrong, yours looks round and near the firewall.
Regarding the first pic that line runs from the manifold port to the line I'm holding in my pic. That's the evap can from my son's 00. It is off because we are restoring it. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
AllTerrainJK
OllllllO

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well I can't get the pic to post. I'll try to figure it out.
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
yeh i'd a liked to help you but all that is pretty different than my '04....except the lower arrow on the first pic...IF it's the same, then that goes across the firewall to another "T". It controls the HVAC vent selection, and the "T" at the firewall is to a vaccum canister under the battery tray.

I have no idea what that thing capped with a bolt is, and the evap is in the rear fender well on my 04, so no help there.

Best wishes.
Thanks. Yeah, one of the lines goes to my HVAC/vacuum canister stuff. I have no clue where the capped one is supposed to go.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I looked at both my 98 and my son's 00 and neither one match your set up exactly. Our evap canisters are rectangular and mounted on the inner fender well. Maybe I'm looking at your pic wrong, yours looks round and near the firewall.
Regarding the first pic that line runs from the manifold port to the line I'm holding in my pic. That's the evap can from my son's 00. It is off because we are restoring it. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Quote:
Well I can't get the pic to post. I'll try to figure it out.
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Yeah, mine is round & supposed to be on a bracket on the driver side fender. The round canister might be an early 97 thing. .. which might make this harder.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 07-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #11
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by "jeepwrangler97 View Post
The round canister might be an early 97 thing. .. which might make this harder.
If that's the case you might find luck asking YJ...just a thought.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #12
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post

If that's the case you might find luck asking YJ...just a thought.
I may have to try that. ...it gets confusing which parts are YJ parts, which are early 97 parts & which are 98+ parts, on an early TJ

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 07-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Do you not have an emissions diagram stuck to the hood? For some reason my phone's playing up and won't save an image to put on here.

The charcoal canister on the fender should have one line going to the fuel tank. That's from the left side (as seen in your picture) on your canister, and it should disappear below the intake manifold, and route to the tank. The other side of the canister where you have a pipe missing should go to the top of the evap solenoid which I don't see in your pic, though it looks like you have a pipe connected next to there which shouldn't be there. The pipe from the bottom of the evap solenoid should route to the intake manifold below the map sensor.

Edit: phone sorted itself out...
2013-07-27-16.46.06.jpg  

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #14
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jeep View Post
Do you not have an emissions diagram stuck to the hood? For some reason my phone's playing up and won't save an image to put on here.

The charcoal canister on the fender should have one line going to the fuel tank. That's from the left side (as seen in your picture) on your canister, and it should disappear below the intake manifold, and route to the tank. The other side of the canister where you have a pipe missing should go to the top of the evap solenoid which I don't see in your pic, though it looks like you have a pipe connected next to there which shouldn't be there. The pipe from the bottom of the evap solenoid should route to the intake manifold below the map sensor.

Edit: phone sorted itself out...
Cool, thank you. I will have to go out & look at it. I think what you're saying might suggest that the capped line on the manifold should be a line coming from the bottom of the evap solenoid..

No, I don't have an emissions diagram on my hood. I boughty jeep after an incident with a tree & the front clip is all cheapo aftermarket stuff the PO put on

Sent by a messenger bird

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.