Where did you find your "used' YORK F210? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Where did you find your "used' YORK F210?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
Krittergetter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Where did you find your "used' YORK F210?

I have been looking for a good used York A/C compressor for my OBA. The junkyard option is the route Im headed. Ok, I have been researching to find out what car Ill need, to get the right one. 84 Mustang, 85-6 Volvo??or what ever? I can NOT say these have the right clutch for my 05 Rubi. So help this CHEAP Guy out. What should I look for? Make/Model/Year? Id hate walking the lot dragging my tools like a tard. AMC is a great start,but the clutch may not match????

Unread 08-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I found my compressor in an old Volvo. Basically open the hood take a look and you'll be able to tell its a york. If you remove the clutch you can tell it's a 210. The shaft has a sharp flat edge, not rounded or cut. See here for example.

OBA Part 1. Identifying a York 210 Compressor

I was able to find the clutch on ebay for $20 (normally $130). Keep the old clutch as you can reuse the solenoid coil if yours goes bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
TJ Rat
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I got my F210R out of an '84 Volvo wagon.
PM me an email address and I will send you a list I have of the possible donors.

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional.
Mud is a Requirement Either Way!
TJ Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
johnjk

Older Volvo is all I remember. I got it from a local Pull a Part. Pretty easy pull from what I recall. Just carry lots of rags. It seems like the Yorks caught all the oil and grease on these cars.
johnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
SierraDave
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got mine out of an '83 Mustang.
SierraDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 01:32 AM   #6
YOGI1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the york compressors are easy to find at any big truck parts house or junk yard they are one of the most used compressors out there, and there is no core value. also if I am not mistaken no 210s
used a rotaloc seal so if there is a big R on the head you dont want it. also you can buy genuine, new, yorks at freightiner truck dealerships with 6 groove clutch for about $250.
YOGI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
Krittergetter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thaks guys, Im still wondering if I need the low profile hose conections that come of the top? And is it mounted upright? I will buy the mounting bracket for it, but I have the rest ready to go.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.