Where can I find this part???????????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Where can I find this part????????????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
tonysgarage
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Where can I find this part????????????

Ok, I am deployed to Afghanistan and my wife just bought another jeep and I need some help. It is a 2001 Jeep TJ SE with a soft top. She just ordered a new soft top for it and from what I’ve deciphered she is missing parts. I have searched the threads to find out where I can find this header piece. I have also come to the conclusion that she is missing the windshield piece as well. Hopefully she can send some pictures and then I can tell.
But for now does anyone know where I can get this header piece……

top2.jpg  
tonysgarage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
gebirgziege
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quadratec
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #3
tonysgarage
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebirgziege View Post
Quadratec
I have looked on quadratec and all i can find is the windshield header. Unless im reading it wrong im assuming the windshield header is the frame part on the windshield with the hooks, and the part i showed is the other part of the puzzle so to speak on the soft top frame.

My wife says the soft top frame is just a "tube/bar". so the peice is need is the one i showed above to attach to the "tube/bar" on the top frame side.

everything i see on Quadratec shows the windshield side. (Which i do beleive i need as well) considering how my wife explain it to me. im sure you guys know how much "mechanical" info you really get over the phone with your wifes. its very frustrating to not exactly know lol. once i get pictures (hopefully tonight) i can be for certain if i need the windshield frame.

I guess my question is, is it 1 or 2 parts. 1 part attached to the windshield frame and the other seprete on the soft top frame bar. or one peice alltogether. I beleive its a 2 peice puzzle but i could be wrong.
tonysgarage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
mukluk
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If she ordered a replace-a-top or similar OEM-type item, they do not come with the OEM hardware; you must reuse the existing hardware that should already be there on your old soft top. If you don't have the original soft top hardware and want to run the OEM-type top, then you can either look for it second hand or order it from Quadratec (look for item number 11132.9532).

Keep in mind, this is assuming the replacement top is OEM style. If it's not, you'll need whatever hardware the other manufacturer uses.
mukluk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
spdcat01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

OEM sift top header is one piece with the tension clamps that hooks into holes in the top of the windshield frame. It's not really removeably from top frame. Cloth straps are riveted on.

NRA Member
'01 TJ Sahara, 3" BB front, 2.25" BB rear, 1.25 JKS BL, 1" MML, Skyjacker Hydro shocks,33/12.50x15 BFG TA/KO All Terrains homemade disco's, Hi-Lift, CB, GPS
spdcat01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would call where she ordered it from, you may need to buy some more hardware for it.
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.