where to buy line-x ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > where to buy line-x ?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 01-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
jdelow77

where to buy line-x ?

anyone know where to buy line-x but the can, i have talked to a local shop and all they do is spary it for you, they wont just let you but the coating, anywhere on line that sells the stuff? i have a place to do it and the under coating gun just need the line-X!

jdelow77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
bfr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would be shocked if you could buy it (line-x brand) without becoming a dealer and making an initial buy in.
Unread 01-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
JeepCreepn01

line-x is sold to dealers only, trying herculiner or the other kinds you can actually buy
JeepCreepn01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
hol

Line'x has to be applied with certain equipment. Duraback is a pretty good do it yourself option.
2000 Sahara, 33x12.50 BFG AT's, Black American Racing steel rims, 4" BDS lift, Warn XD9000i, Custom Front bumper, Blue Ridge Offroad Rock Rails, Warn swing away tire carrier, 4to1 transfer case, many other odds and ends.
hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
blissburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelow77
anyone know where to buy line-x but the can, i have talked to a local shop and all they do is spary it for you, they wont just let you but the coating, anywhere on line that sells the stuff? i have a place to do it and the under coating gun just need the line-X!

Line-X can't be applied with an "undercoating gun". It is a binary mixture that is applied at high temperature with high pressure and solidifies within a few seconds of the 2 parts being mixed. The people who spray it in actually have to be trained how to do it properly, they take the time to do it right, and they stand behind their work. This, IMHO, is what sets Line-X apart from the other types of lining.

If you are set on a do-it-yourself approach, spray on either Herculiner or Durabak. If you take your time and do it carefully, the results will look really good. It won't be quite as durable as Line-X, but it should be "good enough".
Unread 01-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #6
TJ on the Rocks

Line - X is applied at an average of 2200 PSI at around 400 degrees and dries in 5 seconds . How you gonna do that ? Go to this link and find an installer in your area

: http://goline-x.com/index.shtml
TJ on the Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2006, 09:46 PM   #7
jdelow77

ok so the line-x thing wont go over very well, i want something that is gonna be thick and have a rubber texture to it when dry, what do u guys think it would be?
jdelow77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
TJ on the Rocks

Maybe this will interest you ................click the link below

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/truckbed.html
TJ on the Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.